Menedael from Japan: root and vitality booster?

Oerc201

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah that is true. The only thing i can say about it is that when i tried to get cuttings to root i alwYs have a better result with menedael for some reason

Delligi

Seed
Reaction score
In Italy where I purchased it they suggest me that the best use is to water your bonsai with it after a very hot summer or after a stressful repot.

Let me know your take on it after some usage!
Hello Leo,

I'm from Italy too and I am also interested in this product. I tryed to get from Amazon but they do not have it available at the moment. May I ask you where did you got it from and what are your imression so far?

Thanks
Luigi

LeoMame

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hello Leo,

I'm from Italy too and I am also interested in this product. I tryed to get from Amazon but they do not have it available at the moment. May I ask you where did you got it from and what are your imression so far?

Thanks
Luigi

Ciao Luigi

I could only find it at Crespi Bonsai, in 2 "sizes". Very expensive tbh, I used it after repotting and in autumn after particularly hot summers and all my plants look very healthy. I don't know if this thing works or my plants would have been healthy anyway, so not 100% sure that the price you pay for it is well spent.

Give it a try if you like!

Leo

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I saw someone on YouTube using this. It looked like color and consistency of hydrogen peroxide

Channel is AS Bonsai

Oerc201

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I saw someone on YouTube using this. It looked like color and consistency of hydrogen peroxide

Channel is AS Bonsai
I don’t think is the same its a little thicker than peroxide. It is also for sale on ebay if anyone is interested. They ship it from Japan. I received it and very happy with it.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Somehow, I'm just a little hesitant to use something with a label I can't read. Even if I don't understand all the scientific jargon, if I can't research it a little, that's a bridge too far.

Oerc201

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Somehow, I'm just a little hesitant to use something with a label I can't read. Even if I don't understand all the scientific jargon, if I can't research it a little, that's a bridge too far.
I believe someone in another combo translated what it said.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I've been trying it with cuttings this year.

I've done acer palmatum, sekka hinoki, standard hinoki, shinpaku (itoigawa and kishu)
It's basically standard practice in Japan to soak cuttings in a diluted mixture for 12-24 hours prior to planting them. BUT...

It hasn't improved my cutting success rate thus far.. Still somewhere between 0-5%... Pathetic.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I believe someone in another combo translated what it said.
But not ingredients. With so much really good stuff now available at your local pot growers store just around the corner, I want a list of ingredients. If for no other reason, so that I'm not duplicating something I'm already using which might then over-dose and do more harm than good.

Oerc201

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
But not ingredients. With so much really good stuff now available at your local pot growers store just around the corner, I want a list of ingredients. If for no other reason, so that I'm not duplicating something I'm already using which might then over-dose and do more harm than good.
Yes you are right. i think it depends how you use it. I use it for cuttings so its not duplicating anything.

Top Bottom