Michael Hagedorn Pots

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I've been on the lookout for any Hagedorn pots. If anyone has one (or some) they would like to part with, please hit me up. I know he's not made any in some time, so chances are slim that I'll find any, but it's worth a shot. I've recently become interested in his work since putting together my American Bonsai Ceramics website.

Thanks all!

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I know a few people who have some of his work, but I haven't asked if they're willing to part with any. I may try that route soon.

Reactions: Vin

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I kind of do remember there being one for sale on one of the Facebook Auctions a while back. By the time I saw it someone already did the BIN. If I also remember correctly it wasn't anything special. I'm also on the lookout for some of Don Gould's work.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
They periodically come up for auction over at FB, and sell for mucho dinaros. I've seen and held a few of his pots, and while they're well made, I can't say they're remotely worth the money they're going for these days. Mind you, that's just my opinion, but there it is.

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
They periodically come up for auction over at FB, and sell for mucho dinaros. I've seen and held a few of his pots, and while they're well made, I can't say they're remotely worth the money they're going for these days. Mind you, that's just my opinion, but there it is.

Eh, that's what I was afraid of. I already overpay for Nick Lenz pots. I can't afford to overpay for ANOTHER artist's pots as well. I know, I know - pots are worth what people are willing to pay for them... But I'm not Mae Bonsai. :p

Guy Vitale

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I've been on the lookout for any Hagedorn pots. If anyone has one (or some) they would like to part with, please hit me up. I know he's not made any in some time, so chances are slim that I'll find any, but it's worth a shot. I've recently become interested in his work since putting together my American Bonsai Ceramics website.

Thanks all!
Hi up Bob Shimon from Mendocino Coast Bonsai, he's put up a few for auction in the past.

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I kind of do remember there being one for sale on one of the Facebook Auctions a while back. By the time I saw it someone already did the BIN. If I also remember correctly it wasn't anything special. I'm also on the lookout for some of Don Gould's work.
IMG_0538.PNG

Reactions: Vin

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have this one I purchased many years ago from Michael himself. He was quite young then....

I wish I had bought some of those larger glazed ones behind him to the right. I have no idea how much my little dish is worth. It's about 6 inches across and 1.5 deep. Might be good for a cool Kifu sized deciduous literati?

micheal hagadorn1.JPG

DSC_00062.JPG

DSC_00071.JPG

DSC_00042.JPG

DSC_00052.JPG

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I have this one I purchased many years ago from Michael himself. He was quite young then....

I wish I had bought some of those larger glazed ones behind him to the right. I have no idea how much my little dish is worth. It's about 6 inches across and 1.5 deep. Might be good for a cool Kifu sized deciduous literati?

View attachment 128841

View attachment 128839

View attachment 128840

View attachment 128837

View attachment 128838

Yeah Al, I was admiring that particular pot on your website. It's understated, but interesting - something that alludes many potters, I think.

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Have you seen this list? It seems there are many....

http://www.gobbs.org/chops.htm

Yes, I've seen the examples listed on the site. I was overstating a bit in my previous statement. There are many fantastic potters that produce interesting, but very useable pots. There are many though, that don't seem to pick up many many of the subtle details of good bonsai pottery. Granted many of these potters make bonsai pots second to other forms of pottery. Just an observation as I've thumbed through the many bonsai pots over the past few years.

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Yeah @thams !.....

Kinda fucked yourself putting that site together eh?

Today MH, tomorrow....
Oh tomorrow....

You Are so screwed!

Sorce

This is absolutely without a doubt 100% true.

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Yeah really. Who the heck is Mae anyway, and what do they do with all those pots?!!

He's a huge bonsai pot collector and the bane of all other bonsai pot collectors. He put together the European Bonsai Pot Collective and has DEEP pockets. He's a genuinely nice guy though as far as I can tell. He just seems to snatch up all the pots that I'm heavily considering at auctions. I'm still bitter about him buying up Roy's first apricot skin glazed pot at bonsai auction. I was planning on buying it, but Alex (Mae) snatched it up within the first minute it was posted. His bonsai pot purchasing fu is strong.

Top Bottom