Micro Black dots of juniper scale foliage

Rob_phillips

Chumono
Reaction score
If the pesticide is non systemic, it won't have much effect on the adult scale but will kill any youngsters. They have a waxy coating which protects them. Even if it is, the juniper also has a waxy cuticle which makes penetration difficult. Hence the oil which will smother the insect. It won't hurt to spray again right away.
The spray i used this week was a general systemic spreay the brand was bug clear im not sure if thats maybe too weak to clear it but i will go to my local nursery and speak to them about a remedy they may have something in stock. Unless anyone else from the uk knows what brand stuff works best.

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Do you think that's what I had too? Looked exactly the same as I said, I thought it might be scale but it seemed odd that it was as prevalent on stones and pots and everywhere as it was on foliage. No sign of it nowadays but still curious.
Pic?

Saffa365

Mame
Reaction score
Old post I know but did it look like this

What was the outcome ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    26.4 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 7

Rob_phillips

Chumono
Reaction score
The tree had a bout of scale that year so it could have been that but the tree never really grew or moved on that year but i put that down to the repot it had so the tree was weakened and the scale got in.
This year the tree is growing like crazy with no signs of ill health.
I used a systemic spray on it all year last year and by winter it had disappeared.

Top Bottom