Middle School Bonsai Club Vandalized

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
@Bonsai Nut Could you sticky this till the goal is met?

Teacher Martin Brown started the Bonsai Club at Tacoma’s Gray Middle School but some punks thought it would be nice to break in and vandalize and kill the trees. As a teacher, I'm pissed. As a father, I'm pissed. As a member of the bonsai community, I'm pissed. Here's the article

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/crime/article153105519.html

We have already set up a go fund me to make up for the kids' losses. We want to teach them that bonsai is a family that sticks together and make something good come of this. I don't have much but I pitched in some. I would imagine everyone could at least do $5-$10. Here is the donation link:

https://www.gofundme.com/gray-middle-school-bonsai-club

Last edited:

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bro, this is the YOU that keeps YOU going.

Good Man!

Pissed...yes.

Punishment....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

Yes..it should be that well thought out.

Maybe with a proper goal to turn those kids into bonsai kids themselves.

They ARE kids. They are.

Sorce

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Come on peeps it would be totally cool for the bonsai nut family to get this done for the kids. Be part of the solution. Don't let the bullies win. I don't have much but I pitched in.

If every visitor to the nut house gave $10 they could replace everything plus buy a camera to catch the scumbags.

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
Wow that's pretty unfortunate. I'd imagine it was hard work for the teacher to put together the club not to mention sustaining it. Even worse for the kids. The bonsai community ought to be able to sympathize with them.

Just sent a small donation. Hope more donations pull through.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
@Bonsai Nut Could you sticky this till the goal is met?

Teacher Martin Brown started the Bonsai Club at Tacoma’s Gray Middle School but some punks thought it would be nice to break in and vandalize and kill the trees. As a teacher, I'm pissed. As a father, I'm pissed. As a member of the bonsai community, I'm pissed. Here's the article

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/crime/article153105519.html

We have already set up a go fund me to make up for the kids' losses. We want to teach them that bonsai is a family that sticks together and make something good come of this. I don't have much but I pitched in some. I would imagine everyone could at least do $5-$10. Here is the donation link:

https://www.gofundme.com/gray-middle-school-bonsai-club

Find the kids and cut their hands off.

Ironbeaver

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Done. The community garden I'm part of got wrecked by vandals just last week. I don't understand the (lack of) mentality of cretins who do this.

bonsaidave

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Spread the word to your local Bonsai clubs. Let's blow past that 1000$ goal!

People that destroy others things are trash. Take pleasure in knowing whoever did this will live out their worthless lives in misery.

That and hope some day someone will take out the trash. ;)

Last edited:

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Spread the word to your local Bonsai clubs. Let's blow past that 1000$ goal!

People that destroy others things are trash. Take pleasure in knowing whoever did this will live out their worthless lives in misery.

That and hope some day someone will take out the trash. ;)

That's exactly my hope, Dave. That these kids will come to school tomorrow and be amazed at what strangers have done for them. Their teacher has already been contacted so they will know as soon as he checks his email.

reddog

Mame
Reaction score
You would think the Puget Sound bonsai club and Olympia bonsai club would be all over this to help the kids out. Portland bonsai club also.

Rick C

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I added my support. I hate it when scum try to knock down those trying to learn. I am impressed a middle school has a bonsai club.. that teacher ROCKS!!!

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Man, who spreads hate? That pisses me off. Will be sending what I can

Top Bottom