Midjourney Ai Bonsai

Kodama

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
Love it. Midjourney is a game changer. I use it as well and exploring other AI tech. Huge shift coming. I've asked Chat GPT about bonsai stuff and it gives decent basic advice. Just can't beat this forum of real time human genuine experience and inspiration.

mj_barb

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Nice!

Just used chatgpt for the first time this morning. My first question was when to decandle JBP in my zip. Looks like it grabbed some repotting advice mixed with the definition? Pretty cool, but going to be a difficult tech problem for bonsai with so much nuance/preference.

Attachments

• EBFD3410-AA18-484F-B9D5-FC9E0F11F02F.png
    EBFD3410-AA18-484F-B9D5-FC9E0F11F02F.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 32

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not a fan of AI generated bonsai. They always look the same. Typically because they tap the same source materials--fantasy drawings or someone who paints pictures of what they think bonsai should look like. All these would be very nice airbrushed on the side of a 1970's Chevy van.... 😁

Michael P

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I am a moderator on a planted aquarium forum. Recently we have had problems with chat bots posing as members and "answering" legitimate questions. The answers were plausible but often had misleading generalizations and outright errors. Beginners were mislead. We actually started a thread on suspected chat bots, and have been hunting them down ever since, LOL.

Of course there is no objection to clearly labeled AI generated content.

August

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@BitsaBon third one is a "bonesai" 😅 and the last one actually almost looks likena real tree. I wish nick lenz could have seen some of these before he passed!

yashu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4/5
not sure if your joking or just a really miserable prick
I was torn between to responses; 1) “tell us how you really feel” (that’s a classic) and 2) “show us on the doll where the AI touched you”

🤣

But yeah, @Shogun610 , that’s a pretty emotional response. Definitely feels of “triggering”.

64800CD0-ECBA-4EFD-B495-DBA40AF78D5A.gif

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I was torn between to responses; 1) “tell us how you really feel” (that’s a classic) and 2) “show us on the doll where the AI touched you”

🤣

But yeah, @Shogun610 , that’s a pretty emotional response. Definitely feels of “triggering”.

View attachment 476749
But does it really evoke the same emotion as a real Bonsai? Or skill ?
No. Never will.

BitsaBon

Sapling
Reaction score
Super cereal, but someone's definitely pissed in your cornflakes... What gave you the idea that it was being compared to real bonsai? I'd recommend a little walk in the garden to calm those emotions of yours, ta ra

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Super cereal, but someone's definitely pissed in your cornflakes... What gave you the idea that it was being compared to real bonsai? I'd recommend a little walk in the garden to calm those emotions of yours, ta ra
Nah AI is dumb.. that’s my opinion. You created the post and yet are reacting as if you created it.

yashu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4/5
But does it really evoke the same emotion as a real Bonsai? Or skill ?
No. Never will.
No, I don’t think it’s supposed to. It’s just something interesting (or not) to look at… like a sunset, no one makes those per se, so there is no “skill” involved, or something just generally aesthetically appealing. AI art is not really my thing either but it doesn’t quite elicit such a strong negative response from me I guess. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
While Shogun perhaps wasn't very eloquent in his opposition, I think there are some notable ethical problems with many of these AI image generation sources. Firstly its fairly insufferable to try to enjoy paintings or bonsai photography on Instagram and instead have to spend time gradually whittling down every conceivable AI art hashtag people come up with to prevent it from cluttering your feed. Secondly almost every engine has been lifting the intellectual property of artists and photographers without their permission which is its own can of worms. Naturally there is no issue with using this sort of resource for your own enjoyment and entertainment, but people need to be mindful and considerate of how it can erode the artistic integrity of a space. If we are getting personal, I really don't care for the sort of person who thinks "curating" phrases for a generator is an art in and of itself.

mathias

Seedling
Reaction score
Very nice, i'll have to try it out. I've been using DALLE 3 recently, but unfortunately the results were a bit disappointing. tbf i could have tried harder making good prompts

Top Bottom