Midnight Bonsai Society Apparel - "Ethics Schmethics"

BillsBayou

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
While discussing the ethics of collecting, an idea popped into my head. A little Photoshop and Illustrator work and here you have it:

Midnight Bonsai Society Apparel

MidnightBonsaiShirt.jpg.jpg

The shirts only come in dark color schemes, because, well...

I put a rush order on my hoodie so I can have it in time for the ABS convention in two weeks. If you're going, look for me there!

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Might want to re-think the tree in the image. If you're gonna steal something, at least make it something worthwhile...;-) How bout an image of a twisted juniper on a stone ledge being pried up with a crowbar? ;-)

And the "midnight bonsai society" sounds like a double entendre of sorts.

BillsBayou

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Might want to re-think the tree in the image. If you're gonna steal something, at least make it something worthwhile...;-) How bout an image of a twisted juniper on a stone ledge being pried up with a crowbar? ;-)

And the "midnight bonsai society" sounds like a double entendre of sorts.
Not sure what the other mean would be. Perhaps you could message that to me.

In the 10 minutes it took me to put that image together, I quickly debated the use of a tree that looked much more bonsai-ready. I went with one that looks more like a shrub with bonsai potential. These are the ones we see more often in the front yards along our morning commutes. (see example photo below) If the tree in the logo was an azalea growing in a remote corner of someone's yard, someone is coming back with a shovel.

For the record. I knock and pay. A $50 bill with a promise to fill the hole; that's my usual offer.

As for the crowbar idea.... Hmmmm... Maybe a shirt with just such an image and the text would read "The Midnight Bonsai Society - Mountain Division".

Urban yamadori:
BigBoxwoodBeforeAfter.jpg
No. I didn't steal the trash cans.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not sure what the other mean would be. Perhaps you could message that to me.

In the 10 minutes it took me to put that image together, I quickly debated the use of a tree that looked much more bonsai-ready. I went with one that looks more like a shrub with bonsai potential. These are the ones we see more often in the front yards along our morning commutes. (see example photo below) If the tree in the logo was an azalea growing in a remote corner of someone's yard, someone is coming back with a shovel.

For the record. I knock and pay. A $50 bill with a promise to fill the hole; that's my usual offer.

As for the crowbar idea.... Hmmmm... Maybe a shirt with just such an image and the text would read "The Midnight Bonsai Society - Mountain Division".

Urban yamadori:
View attachment 185434
No. I didn't steal the trash cans.

Was joking about the image. You've got a humorous idea with the shirt.

As for the double meaning, nothing really springs to mind as to what it means exactly. People unfamiliar with bonsai aren't really going to "get" what the shirt actually means. That means they're probably going to come up with their own explanation..which could be anything.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am pretty sure that's true for almost any bonsai shirt. ?
Well, yeah, but the "midnight" suggests someone's runnin around nekkid or something...

And I do like the person prying out the tree. Do two versions.

BillsBayou

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Well, yeah, but the "midnight" suggests someone's runnin around nekkid or something...

And I do like the person prying out the tree. Do two versions.

Two versions. You mean launch the second design? It meets with your approval? (I'm not asking you to commit to buying a shirt)

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Two versions. You mean launch the second design? It meets with your approval? (I'm not asking you to commit to buying a shirt)
Ha! I approve of both! I know you were waiting for that ;-)

I'd buy the Mountain Div one. How much? PM me.

Top Bottom