Mihai's JBP six year contest thread

R3x

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8?
Hey @R3x. Just the germination bit and until the temperature gets above freezing outside. Then on the terace they go. They'll be outdoor trees in about two months :). Germinated them early because I was too hyped about the prospect. It's still winter where I live.

I know where you live and know it's still winter there. I am actually not that far - I live in Slovakia - so it's just Hungary between us ;-) I'm thinking about starting some too but it's still too cold and I do not want to build lights like you do. So will have to wait a bit.

Mihai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
:)) in that case you are a more patient man than I am. Was looking to buy some material to play with but haven't found anything interesting, so I decided to play with seedlings :D. If they fail before spring I'll plant a second batch for the contest and no harm done.

Mihai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Seedling cutting time for the first 18 :).
Used drywall tape for the holes in the containers, akadama, pumice, volcanic rock and sand.
Local root hormone (powder form).
Keeping fingers crossed.
20180226_202109.jpg20180226_204429.jpg20180226_213758.jpg20180226_215235.jpg

Mihai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Well thought I should share the latest development with you all.
A month ago, when I did the seedling cutting, I did 18 and left about 40 seedlings in the germination tray. Well... a couple of days ago, the asshole pictured below decided that the nice, warm sandy tray woukd make a wonderful litter box; so she proceeded to take a huge dump in the middle of it and then try to cover it up, uprooting every single seedling in the process.
Now she's sitting under the growlights thinking she's trees...
So... the final tally for the number of surviving seedlings is 15. Three that have undergone the cutting process are slowly kicking the bucket.20180311_132122.jpg
20180325_041233.jpg

RobertB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow. That's pretty funny but unfortunate. Are you planning on starting more?

Mihai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Wow. That's pretty funny but unfortunate. Are you planning on starting more?
Well i'm up to my eyeballs in work, concentrating my spare time in keeping what trees I have happy and the extremely small amount left on pottery. So i'm going to go with luck on this one and stick to the ones I have left. Cat killed most of them but out of the 18 i did the root cutting, 15 are alive, kicking, and doing surprisingly well.
Hoping somethig good will come of them. Started fertilising today. Thinking of potting them in something bigger.

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Well thought I should share the latest development with you all.
A month ago, when I did the seedling cutting, I did 18 and left about 40 seedlings in the germination tray. Well... a couple of days ago, the asshole pictured below decided that the nice, warm sandy tray woukd make a wonderful litter box; so she proceeded to take a huge dump in the middle of it and then try to cover it up, uprooting every single seedling in the process.
Now she's sitting under the growlights thinking she's trees...
So... the final tally for the number of surviving seedlings is 15. Three that have undergone the cutting process are slowly kicking the bucket.View attachment 183098
View attachment 183099
Looks really good here.

bluone23

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Mihai I think its time for an update here

BR
Alex;)

Top Bottom