Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I got a kick out of the JBP with deadwood, seems it breaks the rule of no deadwood on JBP. All the trees are just amazing!
That black pine is old and quite “famous”. I think the other one was field-grown. It’s a bit of a trick question for the initiated, but anyone halfway familiar with Kobayashi’s collection would likely get that one correct.

D

Deleted member 21616

out of curiosity and lack of familiarity - do maples ever fetch these high prices? do maples simply not get old enough?

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great article thanks for posting.

peterbone

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I almost stopped reading after the start, but the rest of the article wasn't too bad. I object to bonsai being described as a Japanese technique. Don't get me started on "for indoor decoration".

"Bonsai refers to a Japanese gardening technique that revolves around planting the cutting of a tree or other source material plant in a pot. Then, it is cultivated and shaped, with the ultimate goal being to create a real-looking, tiny landscape for indoor decoration. "

D

Deleted member 21616

@peterbone it's a general public article :)

I feel you though! ask me how i felt when Disney's Hercules came out, or 300, or Troy with Brad Pitt...

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@peterbone it's a general public article :)

I feel you though! ask me how i felt when Disney's Hercules came out, or 300, or Troy with Brad Pitt...

Achilles wasn't a "blond in a bottle" in real life?!?! Or the sick abs were all airbrushed on?!?!;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Crushed!!!:cool:

Top Bottom