Milwaukee Bonsai Society Show 23 thru 26 June 2022

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Is there anything I should be aware of as far as tickets or reservations?..couldn't seem to locate any info.

I just tried to check workshop space availability from my phone, and the web site doesn't display correctly from a phone. Website wasn't optimized for mobile apps. There's email addresses in a couple places, contact them. Or if that doesn't get you a response by this weekend, pm me and I'll get e a phone number.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I discovered my issue with the website, there is a very slow loading, totally unnecessary graphic on the first page. If you want information use this link to the schedule.

From the schedule you can jump to all the relevant information without waiting for the "splash page" to load.

MABA begins in 2 Days !!!

I hope to see many of you there. I will be there pretty much daily. Thursday thru Sunday. There are still opening in many workshops, including Todd Schlafer, a great chance to get collected pines. Andy Smith will be there with Ponderosa pines and other species.

The hotel venue is just west of the Lynden Sculpture Garden, only 15 miles north of Milwaukee, and Milwaukee is only 90 miles north of downtown Chicago. All you BNuts in the greater Chicagoland area, this is in range of a pleasant day trip. Please come up.

Exhibit area and Vendor areas are FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.

If you want to participate in the workshops or demos, a registration fee is required, there is a reduced day fee, discounted from the full registration.

See you all there.
Leo

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
First major show I'll be attending since starting the hobby, small club shows are great as well, but I'm looking forward to seeing some really high end material in person.

And perhaps a small excursion into the vendor area....

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Just talked to the Workshop chair - there are a bunch of openings. On line registration is closed, so you have to get there early and register. For the Bring Your Own Tree Workshops, obviously, you can bring your own, or you can purchase from vendors at the show.

There are one or two openings in almost every one of the workshops, but you must come early, positions will be filled first come, first served. The Workshops start Friday at 8:30 am, and at 1:00 pm. Same times for Saturday and Sunday. Most of the Saturday sessions are full, there are vacancies on Friday and Sunday for those who would like to spontaneously jump into a workshop.

Here is the page with the workshop details, virtually all of them have at least one opening.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
So.

Anyone looking to "go in" on lodging?

I can only afford "North Side".

HAHAHA!!

(That's funny if you know milwaukee)

;)

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
So.

Anyone looking to "go in" on lodging?

I can only afford "North Side".

HAHAHA!!

(That's funny if you know milwaukee)

;)

Vaguely racial slur there, it would have been better to make a skid row or tobacco road reference. Besides its only a few miles of North Avenue in Milwaukee that are particularly rough, far enough east, and it becomes very spendy high rent, and not all that far west it becomes a nice working class mixed neighborhood. There are a couple bonsai friends of mine at both the east and west ends of North Avenue.

Check your inbox, possible help for housing.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
MABA is under way, photo is of the fence around the "permanent bonsai collection" at Lynden Sculpture Garden. The fence is based on cellular pattern of onion skins.

Nothing says bonsai is art better than a collection being permanently hosted at an art museum.

IMG_20220623_161528276_HDR.jpg

Don G. On the right. Reception for Francois Jeker and Ted Matson

IzzyG

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
MABA is under way, photo is of the fence around the "permanent bonsai collection" at Lynden Sculpture Garden. The fence is based on cellular pattern of onion skins.

Nothing says bonsai is art better than a collection being permanently hosted at an art museum.

View attachment 443591

Don G. On the right. Reception for Francois Jeker and Ted Matson
I was just there hanging around the vendors wares. Met Mike and Todd and walked away with two trees 😂 Will be back tomorrow for workshops!

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I will be there tomorrow/saturday or Saturday/sunday.

It is my birthday on saturday so my parents offered to pay for a room.

So I'll bring Andrea and the boys with, and when they get tired, they can go back to the hotel/eat/swim.

I'm not getting too excited, though.. my life has a way of "psyche"ing me about plans I make.

😂

Top Bottom