Mimosa? Or what?

Benauber

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Hi all,
I have this tree that I started from seed, his name is TreeMcBonsaiFace
But I don’t know what it is. I have tried several times to cut the top so it branches out, never happened
2F2C1E5A-5DB0-4AC1-972D-F18744651C1F.jpeg3CFAF82E-01A5-48F3-91CA-57F35D88588B.jpeg17733CD5-32CC-4F31-B48A-C4D582660763.jpeg

Let me know what you think

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
If you knew how many Acacia looking trees there are, you wouldn't ask. No flower, no nada.

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
This branch and bark structure is so common it’s insane. Trimming the branches back closer to the trunk may or may not give ramification. There are some species that just have long internodes.

Benauber

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Looks exactly like that! seems we have a name! Thanks
Any idea if that can be made into a miniature tree?

Rivian

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Reminds me of Albizia julibrissin

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
In Michigan....I'm guessing some type of Locust.

Edit: Prob Honey Locust
No thorns so probably not a locust. There may be locusts without thorns but every species I’ve seen has evil ones!

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
Honey locusts has none. ☺
Weird. I could’ve sworn that one did lol. Too many species to keep track of for me. I have almost primarily water locusts and in another thread I thought it was honey locust mentioned that also had thorns. Guess I was wrong! Always gotta be learning!

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Weird. I could’ve sworn that one did lol. Too many species to keep track of for me. I have almost primarily water locusts and in another thread I thought it was honey locust mentioned that also had thorns. Guess I was wrong! Always gotta be learning!
At least the ones that were all planted as Street trees in my old neighborhood didn't have any thorns. Maybe some do. I'm pretty sure the black locust trees around here do..

nicolás

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi. I’m growing three Delonix Regia from seeds from a kit I was gifted, and they look just like it. They are also super hard to branch. Only one of them is branching near the base of the trunk after 2 years.

nicolás

Seedling
Reaction score
How did you do that?
To be honest I really don't know. I wired it for a few months just to give it the slightest of twists (the trunk is so tender and fragile as a sapling). I noticed the trunk was outgrowing the wire (probably left the wire on too long) and the tree looked like it was suffocating.

After I removed it, maybe a week later, this started growing right under the area where it was being "choked" by the wire.

IMG_20200810_173355.jpg

IMG_20200810_173435.jpg

IMG_20200810_173449.jpg

Benauber

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
You’ve got a tall boy!
I’m not quite as tall or thick but I also cut the top several times!

Top Bottom