Ming Dynasty Reproduction Bonsai Pots

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Will I went to purchase a pot and I got it to calulate postage cost to Australia and it stated $0
Is that a bug in the system I won't purchase without a postage cost.
Thanks

Email me and I'll calculate shipping for you, sorry about that.

Still waiting on the postage costs Will

I'm sorry, I never got the email. You're shipping would be 12.00

Will

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
I have many of Dale's pots and can attest to the quality...
And yes I ordered 2 of the Ming pots :p
Irene

bretts

Shohin
Reaction score
"It is quite bizar how some people read plain english and come out with a totally different understanding of what was written.
This was not about a trade mark glaze that took a long time to devellope it was about the widely used Crack technique and or various glaze recipies."

It is quite bizarre that some people whine about not being able to get blood from a stone. You might want to ask another potter who's more amenable if you fail to get information about "a widely used crack technique." If the info is so "widely available" then someone else more willing to share it probably will, or perhaps, the info isn't as public domain as you think it is.

Jeez Louise, so Dale bitches about competition and fairs. So what?! To paraphrase Claude Raines "I'm SHOCKED, SHOCKED, I tell you, to discover a cranky bonsai artist..."
You seem to have an issue with understanding English :confused:
I never asked Dale. Several potters did help me with the technique. One invited me over so he could show me personally. Another did the technique at a Bonsai convention to show everyone because they thought it was ridiculous that some where pretending they where secrets. Yet Dale suggested that it was not wise to show these things to beginners that have never made a pot as they may increase competition, even though there was no such person who had never made a pot. Every comment you have made is to do with an issue which is not there. Unless you want to defend scare mongering and winging there is no defence for this. I have simply stated I for one will buy off the potters that try to improve the industry not try to make it revolve around them.
I did no whining I only as a beginner potter,looking for instruction, tried to get an understanding of the culture of potters that seem to keep secrets. It came down to some potters had a fear that the only thing between them and the beginers was a list of instructions. Other potters where very comfortable passing on information and felt there years of experience and continued striving for originality was what made them great potters. In a craft that no longer employes apprentices I find this attitude much more productive to the pottery industry and benificail to us all. Hence this is where I will spend my money.

bretts

Shohin
Reaction score
I am sure the quality is exceptional Irene. In fact I think I remember seeing the post of you unwrapping those pots and they where very impressive. I have not stated otherwise.

Thanks Will, I sent it from the contact us section on the site?

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have no problem understanding English, even though I'm American. Apparently, I'm a bit confused by you however:

"I had been asking for information on techniques. I have been doing pottery as an extension of my love of Bonsai for a couple of years on and off, I don't know who Dale thinks are the beginners asking for secrets before they have even made a pot. This discussion was about a well known technique of making cracks in clay. This discussion seems to have renewed Kioti's interest in this technique and he has made some fine ones. I have accomplished a couple of decent ones. I love the thought of being able to make a pot myself or the odd one for someone else but I believe that is as far as I go.
Dale left the thread in a Huff stating we know nothing of him or his work. It seems it is Dale that knows nothing about us.
I have listened to his complaints for a few years now and could drag up some other comments of his. I don't want one of his pots anymore. There are some other great potters that don't try to stop the progression of new potters in fact try to help them like our Pat Kenedy. I will buy thier pots.
Some potters call these things secrets as if a paragraph of information is the only thing that stands in the way of me making pots the same as theirs. I thought it was the qaulity of workmanship thats makes the pots great.

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Everyone knows Dale's pot are of high quality and artistic design. However at times as stated his attitude as a businessman leaves allot to be desired, regardless of the reason(s).

It seems that several others have been exposed to this as well, not just here (or in this thread) but on several forums, and that is what folks are upset about.

I fully understand trade secrets are trade secrets, but there is also a way to address these issues. The way these issues were address was not business like. Perhaps in Dale's defense his attitude developed over years of having to repeat himself though I doubt it.

I was still contemplating the purchase of a unique pot that was suitable for one of my trees in a year or so. However, with the developments of late I am no longer interested. This may very well be just a spit in the ocean but a lost sale nonetheless. What was accomplished?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Guys, this thread is wandering off track. It is not a commentary on Dale and whether you do or don't like him or his pots. It is about this specific run of Ming Dynasty Repros.

I think Dale should be able to post his personal opinion about these pots without being attacked for having it.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
"Ashes from human bones could be a secret ingredient."

Actually, Klytus, I've had a potter tell me he made some of his glazes by adding some old ashes from the backyard Bar-B-que...

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
I bought 2, one to keep and one to donate at a future time.
Can I buy other pots? Sure I can but to me I like that it was being done the old way in the old kiln..
That is just history being revisited from our time. Sorta like a time traveler. Is it a Ming? Nope but close enough for me ;)
Irene

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Klytus, KK, King Kong, GaryKK,

No bones in Robert's pots, just dragon fire. ;)

Will

Reaction score
USDA Zone
The pots are now in the U.S. and should be available for shipping real soon.

These pots are selling very quickly to people from all over the world!

Orders can be placed at www.aobkobstore.com

Will

Reaction score
USDA Zone
There is no holdup.

The estimated shipping time was stated as being 6 to 8 weeks, we are ahead of schedule.

Will

Reaction score
USDA Zone
The pots are finally in house, having just cleared customs, and are now being packaged and shipped!

They are selling quicker than anyone expected and I suspect the limited editon of 500 will sell out very quickly. The good news is that you can win one of these limited editon pots this year in the Art of Bonsai Awards!

http://www.artofbonsai.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=82

Will

shohin kid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Will,
I ordered a pot and have yet to receive it. Why is it taking so long?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
See above.

Advanced orders were taken while the pots were still in China, we made sure to announce a shipping time of a couple months. The pots are now in and are being shipped.

Thanks for your patience.

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
"the clay for your pot is currently being formed at the bottom of the Yangtze river... be patient gosh darnit :confused:"

Top Bottom