Mini greenhouse build

robin99

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
So I’m looking to build a little indoor greenhouse for just a few smaller trees and one is a ficus so I’m mainly doing this to have a more humid environment to encourage aerial roots and have a place for the tree during the winter. But come late winter I would like to also start up some seedling in the little greenhouse. I have some grow lights and stuff but my question is how much ventilation should I have. I was thinking of having a little computer fan on but should it blow air in or out. And if the fan is going won’t I loose humidity? Any tips would be greatly appreciated

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You might consider buying a grow tent. They come in all sizes and having used them I can tell you that even with a fan going the humidity stays very high. The fan is as crucial as the lighting is. Go online, Amazon is a good starting place, and look at grow tents and accessories.
For a smaller set up an aquarium would work fine.

robin99

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
You might consider buying a grow tent. They come in all sizes and having used them I can tell you that even with a fan going the humidity stays very high. The fan is as crucial as the lighting is. Go online, Amazon is a good starting place, and look at grow tents and accessories.
For a smaller set up an aquarium would work fine.
That’s a smart idea to use an aquarium. As far as venting the greenhouse would I have open holes on one end and a fan pulling air out of the greenhouse on the other side? Or should the fan be blowing air into the greenhouse.

berzerkules

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That’s a smart idea to use an aquarium. As far as venting the greenhouse would I have open holes on one end and a fan pulling air out of the greenhouse on the other side? Or should the fan be blowing air into the greenhouse.
For indoor growing I've had success with just exhaust fans set with a thermostat to regulate temperature. It pulled cooler air from the house into the grow area.

Top Bottom