Mini Hose for Indoors Watering

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Has anyone any experience or recommendations for a mini watering hose and wand for indoors use. I need one 50 feet long to hit all my plants in my basement. There are literally hundreds of them. There is a couple on Amazon and they seem pretty expensive. I wouldn't mind the expense if I was sure of how well these small hoses work.
Suggestions?
Feedback?
Advice?

Thanks.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Uh....was going to recommend using a sprayer like people use to spray weed killer or insecticide....but HUNDREDS?
LOL
I only have about half a dozen trees (my tropicals) in my basement and Ive used a sprayer as well as a pitcher to water those.
My trees in the garage get a cup or two of water poured over them every week or so when they need water.
My trees in the cold frame get uncovered for rain storms and recovered when it gets too cold.

Um can you post what you are referring to? Im not sure what hoses you mean on Amazon.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Has anyone any experience or recommendations for a mini watering hose and wand for indoors use. I need one 50 feet long to hit all my plants in my basement. There are literally hundreds of them. There is a couple on Amazon and they seem pretty expensive. I wouldn't mind the expense if I was sure of how well these small hoses work.
Suggestions?
Feedback?
Advice?

Thanks.
Hundreds? Man, I'll quit bitching about what a pain it is to water my tropicals in the winter.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah, I'm sick for sure. Palms, orchids, tropicals, cactus, succulents, and bonsai and starters. Problem is I can't prune anything without trying to root the trimmings. One group of 3 Dutch Treat Benjamini ficus bonsai has spawned at least twenty youngsters alone. My electric bill is crazy and just my lights are costing me about %100 a month.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I hope this works. I have never attempted pasting something like this. But this is the type of thing I am thinking of. Does anyone have any experience?

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So no one uses a hose in their house?

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I set mine in a big plastic tray meant to sit under plants to catch the water when watering. I used to do it in the sink, but that garnered considerable ire from my husband about soil/little rocks going down the drain. It's a total pain.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So no one uses a hose in their house?

Lol!

I've contemplated it for the fish tank, which naturally led to thinking about it for Bonsai.

I'd try one of those "pocket hoses".

The main goal being not knocking over all the wife's shit!

Sorce

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lol!

I've contemplated it for the fish tank, which naturally led to thinking about it for Bonsai.

I'd try one of those "pocket hoses".

The main goal being not knocking over all the wife's shit!

Sorce
When I had an aquarium in every room and a fish room to boot, I used a regular hose. Had a 125, a 120, 2 75s, 2 55s, 72 bow front, 38 bow front, 2 65s, 4 40 breeder tanks, 4 29s, 2 30s and 6 20 longs, and a few others. Most were marine tanks. Also had a reptile room for breeding milk snakes, king snakes, corn snakes and bearded dragons. Now I just have a few tanks and no reptiles but hundreds of plants of all kinds.
Considering a pocket hose.........
Wife is a minimalist, doesn't own or want many things.....

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I’d just fill a watering can, and a spare can, and water as needed. Fill the cans the day before, after each watering, so the water is generally at room temperature. In the past I had a few indoor trees, for the smallest trees, those requiring limited water in a gentle manner or those harder to reach, I had a rubber watering bubble with a brass connection about 7” long. I attached a photo...thinking that......”a rubber watering bubble” may crinkle a few foreheads with curiosity.

Attachments

• 19D09996-80DF-400A-9F93-2738373BA21E.jpeg
    19D09996-80DF-400A-9F93-2738373BA21E.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 6

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That is not practical for me, though I am alternating now between compression sprayers and water cans. I have to switch back and forth between large and small watering cans and large and small sprayers. I have a reservoir of water at room temperature. I literally have plants in 1 inch pots up to 16 inch pots. I did a quick count and I have over 130 succulents alone.
I guess the long and short of it is that no one here has any experience with the type of mini hose I described.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
My complaint with all hoses is that they get very stiff when the pressure is on. That's bad enough outside weaving between benches, but in my 21' x 6' greenhouse with a narrow isle between long benches on the outboard side and racks on the wall side, the hose needs to lay in a straight line the length of the floor when unused, and be bendable as I go from plant-to-plant to the other end. None actually do this well. I have to hold it in a funny loop as I progress down one side to the other end, then turn around and work back on the other side back to the beginning, un-rolling the loop. I have a nozzle with a graduated trigger and an in-line valve that meters the flow down to a trickle, and a 8" vinyl tube extending the dribble so as to reach the trees packed in and in the way of others. I used to water from cans and that took forever to refill about 8 gallons, and it was more clumsy to poke it between plants. I have used the coiled hoses outdoors and they don't actually lay well either. If you don't take the pressure off, they stay fully extended, just like the soft retractable hoses which are easy to damage and then impossible to repair. The best answer is there is no magic hose. I wish someone would prove me wrong. Please! Anyone, please!

Krone

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Will definitely follow this post. I live in an apartment and love the idea of being able to water my trees with a hose.
EDIT: have just find this product

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I hope this works. I have never attempted pasting something like this. But this is the type of thing I am thinking of. Does anyone have any experience?

I have a wand similar to that and it works well. But, when is adjusted to a fine spray, it takes a log time to water a pot.
I suppose the hose it ok, but maybe being coiled ad with a tendency to spring back it may be difficult to maneuvre around delicate plants. An extensible hose may be better in this aspect, but mine got a crack after few months.
Can't you return it to amazon if is not good for your purpose?

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This has been awhile but I wonder if anyone has any new suggestions. I prefer not to have a coil hose as I find them to be ungainly. It seems like there would be a lot of choices but so far I have only found one that is exactly what I am looking for. I need it now more than ever, but the price is really steep and there are no reviews.
This is what I found: https://www.potterybarn.com/products/indoor-mini-hose-mp/?sku=3125228
Has anyone here seen anything like this elsewhere, or does anyone have experience with this one?

Top Bottom