Mini progression..how they do that

GO-OK

Mame
Reaction score
I follow a very small handful of blogs, below are some photos from one of them..a japanese blogger and shohin grower.
http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/fwnt1093/MYBLOG/yblog.html/

This is an outstanding blog. He updates almost daily across a wide variety of species. Hope you enjoy seeing how those awesome little sumo minis are created.

IMAGE_117.jpg

IMAGE_118.jpg

IMAGE_120.jpg

KennedyMarx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Seeing these pics was really a wow moment. I have applied a wire tourniquet to layer a maple, but I hadn't thought about making it swell like that then layering it. Very impressive results. It's something I'm going to consider using on some tridents I'm training.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I might try this exact technique on zelkova to see what happens.I am interested in making small zelkova globes.I already have plans to layer some of mine,cause' there are plenty with off looking trunks.I totally love the alternative ideas that layering offers.Of course I would need to let leaders run as you have shown to hasten the wire swelling and the bark re-connecting.The pictures below are just what I am doing now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 55

GO-OK

Mame
Reaction score
how do I follow this blog? I cant find anywhere that allows me to follow

I just keep checking it from a book mark every day. It helps to have a kid who reads hiragana, katakana and some kanji....all of the Los are to different species...and within each species is a number of pages going back hundreds of posts so you can see true progressions over a few years..it's a gold mine of great photos detailing some excellent techniques for shohin bonsai.

nathanbs

Omono
Reaction score
I just keep checking it from a book mark every day. It helps to have a kid who reads hiragana, katakana and some kanji....all of the Los are to different species...and within each species is a number of pages going back hundreds of posts so you can see true progressions over a few years..it's a gold mine of great photos detailing some excellent techniques for shohin bonsai.

my google chrome translates it into English

GO-OK

Mame
Reaction score
Mine does too, but it loses something in translation...it often creates some goofy sentences because of Japanese grammar and dual meanings of words.

Anyway...his pictures and progressions are good enough that you can often tell exactly what's going on.

Top Bottom