Minimum Requirements

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It seems to me that it would be a good move to add some minimum requirements to BonsaiNUT. After three years of joining, one would have to provide an article about a tree that they have taken from nothing to something. Then once a year thereafter. A form of giving back. A notice would appear on your avatar 30 days before it's due. The article would require pictures of the before and pictures moving forward. I am bored as a reader and viewer of far too many people here that never contribute anything and only piss up other peoples threads with politics and offensive language and links to stupid songs.

This place needs a house cleaning and far too many people use this as their personal social forum and totally forget about bonsai. I love the light moderation policy, but some of this crap goes on far too long. Start removing the posts from a thread that have nothing to do with the thread and this place can get back on track, and those that do it would get it. Let it go and the monkeys take over the asylum.
Mao

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It seems to me that it would be a good move to add some minimum requirements to BonsaiNUT. After three years of joining, one would have to provide an article about a tree that they have taken from nothing to something. Then once a year thereafter. A form of giving back. A notice would appear on your avatar 30 days before it's due. The article would require pictures of the before and pictures moving forward. I am bored as a reader and viewer of far too many people here that never contribute anything and only piss up other peoples threads with politics and offensive language and links to stupid songs.

This place needs a house cleaning and far too many people use this as their personal social forum and totally forget about bonsai. I love the light moderation policy, but some of this crap goes on far too long. Start removing the posts from a thread that have nothing to do with the thread and this place can get back on track, and those that do it would get it. Let it go and the monkeys take over the asylum.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone

I don't think anybody should post any more trees on here just so you don't have to see them.
Why bother.
You're so much better at bonsai than anyone else.
Why to hear you tell it,Ryan Neil would be a nobody without your help.
I know it must be hard being the best and I would hate to clutter up your greater intellect with images of what you would think were subpar trees.
I used to have respect for you but not anymore.

You don't like music?
Too bad.
Don't click on the links.

You don't like politics?
Quit bringing them up.

You don't like offensive language?
Quit being an asshole.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here is a Mugo Pine Krumholz I started working on about three years ago. It will need another year or two before it is cobbled down into a showable composition.View attachment 266546

It's shit, not unlike the earlier posted elms.

Of course....

We know that VW uses time and skill to make good trees.
That other feller can't though.

Sarcasm of course.

I just don't understand when this thing became a friggin race.

I became so OK with this taking so long, that I don't give a shit about showing anyone a good tree. I'm simply not there yet.

More sarcasm.....

Don't listen to anything I have to offer after 7 years of watching and learning and doing, because I'm supposed to have a great tree already.

It's just goddamn stupid.

Discipline, some of us have it, some of us make trees with shitty branching.

Sorce

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
It's shit, not unlike the earlier posted elms.

Of course....

We know that VW uses time and skill to make good trees.
That other feller can't though.

Sarcasm of course.

I just don't understand when this thing became a friggin race.

I became so OK with this taking so long, that I don't give a shit about showing anyone a good tree. I'm simply not there yet.

More sarcasm.....

Don't listen to anything I have to offer after 7 years of watching and learning and doing, because I'm supposed to have a great tree already.

It's just goddamn stupid.

Discipline, some of us have it, some of us make trees with shitty branching.

Sorce
Just for the sake of transparency I feel it is necessary for those who have come to this forum with little obvious experience insert themselves in the middle of discussions of techniques and strategies suggesting that they actually know from experience what they are talking about. They should at least be able to demonstrate that they actually are involved in growing and developing a bonsai or two. We have in the past had people show up here telling everyone how to do bonsai when they actually do not have a single tree of their own.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
shoot the shit about trees and see where it goes

From
20191014_120047.jpg

The lower 2 sentences.
20191014_120110.jpg

Cheers!

This is why I've learned more about bonsai watching baseball games than reading here.
More about relationships reading here than being in them.
And a tad bit about volcanoes fucking with late night drunk burritos.

If you ain't cross training you waning.

Sorce

Blimpsandmtn

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I don't think anybody should post any more trees on here just so you don't have to see them.
Why bother.
You're so much better at bonsai than anyone else.
Why to hear you tell it,Ryan Neil would be a nobody without your help.
I know it must be hard being the best and I would hate to clutter up your greater intellect with images of what you would think were subpar trees.
I used to have respect for you but not anymore.

You don't like music?
Too bad.
Don't click on the links.

You don't like politics?
Quit bringing them up.

You don't like offensive language?
Quit being an asshole.
This. 👍

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Gibberish. We are such stuff as meetings are made of...

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
If studying trees has taught me anything; It's not about the strongest or the smartest, it's about the one most willing to adapt.

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Lol, been reading darwin lately?
Yes, Darwin did great work in exploring the notion adaptation and how it aplies to evolution. It also aplies on a much smaller scale. Theres a reason why any given area of a forest is not just one type of plant. Each one leaves room for others to grow and shine. Each one playing its part.

The problem comes when we are given the option to choose the part we want to play.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Yes, Darwin did great work in exploring the notion adaptation and how it applies to evolution. It also applies on a much smaller scale. There's a reason why any given area of a forest is not just one type of plant. Each one leaves room for others to grow and shine. Each one playing its part.

The problem comes when we are given the option to choose the part we want to play.
That's not the way the world works. It's a pleasant, if technically inaccurate thought, followed by a Downerthink caveat. The mature forest floor is barren. Nothing grows until something else falls down, and foreign seeds are few and far between.

There are more trees in the USA now than when the Pilgrims landed. How would you characterize the part that forest firefighters choose to play?

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What a load of bullshit
There is 25% less forested land now then when the first europeans arrived.
What he's getting at is in the last 100 years, there has been a net gain in forest cover in the U.S. particularly in the eastern U.S. Forest growth has been exceeding deforestation in the U.S. for some time. There is more forest cover now in the U.S. than 100 years ago. do a search, might not fit squarely in the "world is ending" scenario, but its true. There has been a sharp decline, however, in tropical forests in the same period...

Top Bottom