Minimum Requirements

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What he's getting at is in the last 100 years, there has been a net gain in forest cover in the U.S. particularly in the eastern U.S. Forest growth has been exceeding deforestation in the U.S. for some time. There is more forest cover now in the U.S. than 100 years ago. do a search, might not fit squarely in the "world is ending" scenario, but its true. There has been a sharp decline, however, in tropical forests in the same period...
I know that over the last decades things have turned around. But it is nowhere near what it was like when the pilgrims arrived.

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
I know that over the last decades things have turned around. But it is nowhere near what it was like when the pilgrims arrived.
maybe he was talking about the amount of trees in a pot aka bonsai.
or it was about the variety of tree species, in or out of a pot

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nope, There are more deer now...

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Why get emotional? We are all here to get better at the same thing. It doesnt matter if you voted for Trump or if @Smoke Shoots up the White House in 4 days. It's about the trees.

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I became so OK with this taking so long, that I don't give a shit about showing anyone a good tree. I'm simply not there yet.

More sarcasm.....

Don't listen to anything I have to offer after 7 years of watching and learning and doing, because I'm supposed to have a great tree already.

It's just goddamn stupid.

Discipline, some of us have it, some of us make trees with shitty branching.

Sorce

Sorce!!! Don't put down in such a facile manner one of my favorite people here on this site - YOU!!!

I couldn't care less whether your trees met some standard or not! The quality of bonsai and the quality of the people who try to create bonsai have very little correlation, in my experience. I still hope to get up your way someday and meet you and a few others I've met here on BNut - and, quite frankly - although I'd love to see your trees and the trees of others on my travels, still, overwhelmingly, I'd love so much more to meet you and the others!

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Sorce!!! Don't put down in such a facile manner one of my favorite people here on this site - YOU!!!

I couldn't care less whether your trees met some standard or not! The quality of bonsai and the quality of the people who try to create bonsai have very little correlation, in my experience. I still hope to get up your way someday and meet you and a few others I've met here on BNut - and, quite frankly - although I'd love to see your trees and the trees of others on my travels, still, overwhelmingly, I'd love so much more to meet you and the others!
And this is the meaning of a online community. Some are looking for it and some are just looking for a website with knowledge and there's some who have lost their old community but is have trouble finding one here.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
your trees

Thanks G.

I'm not putting myself down!

Just very honest with myself.

If I learned about summer repotting 7 years ago, I would have some great trees by now.

I have a few righteous starts now, but nothing except tropicals over 3 years worked.

I can finally, after 7 or 8 years, keep things alive with the method I chose for sustainability in my garden.
👆👆👆☝️👆☝️☝️👆☝️☝️

Sustainability, super selfish sustainability.
I want my trees to be around for thousands of years.

Anyway, it's ridiculous to demand evidence of learning/doing.

Especially by someone who falls into the category of "doing bonsai the same way 40 years".

Sorce

Top Bottom