Mirai Live Plagiarized?

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Two years ago I informed at Mirai if they would consider accepting paypal. They would, but never did accept anything other than credit cards.
So if you don't have a credit card, you can't watch or join.

This leaves a market gap for every country where credit cards aren't common good. So that's almost every country outside of the US. I'm glad some people are filling those gaps.

As long as Mirai isn't making clear accusations, we're discussing hypothetical suspects in hypothetical suspected cases. It doesn't make sense.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Two years ago I informed at Mirai if they would consider accepting paypal. They would, but never did accept anything other than credit cards.

This leaves a market gap for every country where credit cards aren't common good. So that's almost every country outside of the US. I'm glad some people are filling those gaps.

As long as Mirai isn't making clear accusations, we're discussing hypothetical suspects in hypothetical suspected cases. It doesn't make sense.

i dont have a credit either. i used a visa debit card.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b

Yeah had he had it I would of signed up for a month last week just to check it out. Doesn't exactly mean I'll sign up to the other one though, I like Ryan's podcasts so am familiar with him. As far as I know the other isn't on Spotify so am not as familiar.

It does my head in especially over here as I have a debit card only. Missed out on a birch and liquid amber from one shop because my card wont get through their verification system and looking at a trident and crepe from another but I can almost guarantee the same issue so they will miss out on some business. Of course I can always ask the boss to make a transfer or use her card but that kind of defeats the purpose. lol.

Anyway, I've not seen the video but is there any chance that it was just a bit of a cheeky in-joke, a bit of gentle ribbing between friends kind of thing?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
He talks about his time in Japan on a few of the streams.

I thought you might be kidding (can never tell nowadays) but in case you didn't know, Ryan was an apprentice of Mr. Kimura for six years before he returned to the US and opened Bonsai Mirai. This was after his university degree in horticulture from Cal Poly (one of the top universities on the West Coast).

Architectural Digest Interview with Ryan Neil

Here's another better one:

Craftmanship.net

Last edited:

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I said: "i know he studied in Japan under Kimura,"

yeh i know this. he was also doing bonsai under a mentor before he went to Japan. i dont need to read your link to know this;)

Jluke33

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
This is fair^ especially considering a few folks already stated they are fairly certain he was referring to actual reposts of his video content by randoms on the internet and not other bonsai professionals

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
One thing that stuck out in that interview:
"Im not interested in creating the same tree, over and over again" Ryan Neil 2020

which is why, anyone can learn from Ryan, no matter what your style preferences are. its another unique selling point.

keri-wms

Shohin
Reaction score
I think one major advantage of learning from someone who did the time in Japan is you can trust what they teach. Some of the most POPULAR bonsai youtubers (insert rest of sentence as you feel fit! ;) )!!!

I firmly believe that a minimum of 51% of what most people know, on any complicated subject, is wrong.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I think one major advantage of learning from someone who did the time in Japan is you can trust what they teach. Some of the most POPULAR bonsai youtubers (insert rest of sentence as you feel fit! ;) )!!!

I firmly believe that a minimum of 51% of what most people know, on any complicated subject, is wrong.

yeh but he isnt gonna get you going into a little cubby hole. there is expression and versatility which is why i can feck with his shit, as the Americans like to say:cool::D

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
yeh but he isnt gonna get you going into a little cubby hole. there is expression and versatility which is why i can feck with his shit, as the Americans like to say:cool::D
:(
I have no idea what you are trying to say there!

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Ah you probably didnt get the last bit, 'i fecks with his shit' American slang for, 'i like this cats style'
'he a real stand up kid'
i like the approach, in the same way i can relate to a Walter, Maros, Sandev etc

@source will get it🤣

Top Bottom