MIRAI YATSUBUSA ELM

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Yeah its a bit crazy and if your not carful can suddenly have numerous shoots come up from all over the place lol its definitely one to check on once a day in the growing season lol
But on the plus side it was easy to rework and adjust as you can guarantee a shoot will pop up where you want it too

Indeed! 👍

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
You'll have to buy a tiny rake! It's an impressive tree. Is that a bare Culek slab in the background? Any plans to put a tree on it?

Good eye! Indeed it is! These artificial rocks are beautiful. That is one of my new projects for the spring. It will be a rock composition with several wild collected thujas. So we'll see if I can get to it 🤞

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Elm tonight. Just recently wired, pruned and repotted. Many thanks to Sal @Tidal Bonsai for his amazing assistance in helping me repot this giant. It all went much smoother than expected and only took us 2.5 hours and not a piece of bark out of place! In the next day or so I will add a couple of root grafts.

IMG_8009.jpg

IMG_8057.jpg

IMG_8026.jpg

IMG_8023.jpg

IMG_8027.jpg

This thick root which was completely straight and facing the back was manipulated and bent towards the front using a guy wire so that it could better appreciated and contribute to the overall flaring base.

IMG_8063.jpg

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

Tidal Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It was a great experience being able to help you move this tree forward Sergio! It was pretty painless for such a monster tree. Just so you nuts can appreciate the scale, this is the Byron Myrick container!!! 😱

Attachments

• 2F6FF067-1CB0-4198-809D-6D1540D9CEF9.jpeg
    2F6FF067-1CB0-4198-809D-6D1540D9CEF9.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 88
Top Bottom