Misting System for my Scot Pine

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I’m pretty sure thread grafting a pine is not going to work (as has been stated by others numerous times already), but for the sake of the argument let’s say that you did manage to graft successfully to the bare interior sections. These bare sections became bare because the exterior growth/foliage of your tree shaded them, and without sun no viable buds developed right? If you are going to “maintain the size” as you say, won’t these grafts be shaded out, and therefore eventually fail because nothing has changed in terms of increasing sunlight to the interior of the tree? If you graft, sun is a big factor in getting those grafts to be successful long term. I’m having trouble seeing how you can both maintain the shape you have and successfully graft, I think you need to cut back and allow sunlight in if you want those grafts to be viable.
I should add, I’m no bonsai expert so feel free to disregard ...;)
Come on people, this individual with this victim Scots Pine is a Troll of a different nuance, talking about advanced techniques but refusing to address the basics.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Come on people, this individual with this victim Scots Pine is a Troll of a different nuance, talking about advanced techniques but refusing to address the basics.
You read the situation better than me, Vance. I don’t know why he posted here, he’s full of contradictions. I can help those looking for help, but I’m not wasting my energy on someone who “wants to leave it as it is, and do little experiments on their own”.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
You read the situation better than me, Vance. I don’t know why he posted here, he’s full of contradictions. I can help those looking for help, but I’m not wasting my energy on someone who “wants to leave it as it is, and do little experiments on their own”.
He reminds me of a pant-load I ran into on FB a while back who had the same ideas. He had quite a few trees in nursery containers and then claimed they were all bonsai but would not accept or discuss the reasons they were not.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
He reminds me of a pant-load I ran into on FB a while back who had the same ideas. He had quite a few trees in nursery containers and then claimed they were all bonsai but would not accept or discuss the reasons they were not.
WHAT? You couldn’t change someone’s mind by arguing with them on Facebook? That’s a first.?

Nishant

Shohin
Reaction score
I have always learnt by doing things myself. For me, thats the only way to develop confidence. And to keep the tree from damage, I keep my experiments small. After listening to many people and reading on internet on related topics, I take my own decision. I don't know what's wrong in that.

Even if some respected people had umpteen years of experience, it does not mean that I follow them like sheep. I come to forums like to get opinion, experience etc, not to be trolled if I did hail an individuals opinion.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I have always learnt by doing things myself. For me, thats the only way to develop confidence. And to keep the tree from damage, I keep my experiments small. After listening to many people and reading on internet on related topics, I take my own decision. I don't know what's wrong in that.

Even if some respected people had umpteen years of experience, it does not mean that I follow them like sheep. I come to forums like to get opinion, experience etc, not to be trolled if I did hail an individuals opinion.
That’s how I taught myself differential calculus, too!

Dude, you don’t know enough to even realize you don’t know.

Nishant

Shohin
Reaction score
However ignorant I may be, but it’s me who has to take decision. Why are you shaming for being a starter?

Top Bottom