Misting Systems: Collected Trees

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good misting system for maybe 5-10 trees? I don't know how they work, but would like to mist my newly collected trees. What options might I have?

Thanks

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I bought a spray system from Dripworks.com to keep my trees watered when I'm out of town. Pretty inexpensive, works great, and simple to install. They have a lot of different parts to customize what you want. The customer service was helpful as well.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
They don't work very well if you have hard water, meneral deposits will clog them up.

keep it green,
Harry

jquast

Chumono
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good misting system for maybe 5-10 trees? I don't know how they work, but would like to mist my newly collected trees. What options might I have?

Thanks

Hey Yenling,

Are you gonna share any photos? I'm assuming that these are Western junipers, I remember last year that you had mentioned that you had scouted a few on a trip to the White mountains.

Jeff

Last edited:

treekutter

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Set up a microspray system on a timer. Check greenhouse supply

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I can't find what to get, or I guess I still don't know exactly what to get. I've had no experience with Misters or how to hook them up to timers. Is there an easy package deal I could buy or something?

Jquast
I have a few collected Utah junipers(at least i'm pretty sure they are, i've heard them called Western too), but i've seen Boon's Western Juipers and they look differnt.
but I would prefer not posting pics just yet.

jquast

Chumono
Reaction score
I have a few collected Utah junipers(at least i'm pretty sure they are, i've heard them called Western too), but i've seen Boon's Western Juipers and they look differnt.
but I would prefer not posting pics just yet.

I think that I remember Peter saying that the trees growth characteristics may change after collection and brought to lower elevations. Did you go on the trip with Lotus?

darrellw

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lots of ways to do this, but some links:

Timer - http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-G...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Mister heads - http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-G...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

You will also need other parts to set up, if you haven't done it before, it might be easiest to get a drip "starter" set, that will give you the right hose connections, pressure reducer, and some hose. I couldn't find one on the Home Depot site, but I'm sure they have it in the store (along with all the separate part to roll you own, and perhaps a display to help out).

darrellw

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
By the way, make sure the timer has the programming you need. Usually you would set this up to run for something like a minute, every hour (obviously depends on your climate, the weather, etc). Some of the less sophisticated models might not allow that.

Barry

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Misters may not be the best way to go, a little breeze and you missed the target. I suggest you use both drippers and misters otherwise you may be surprised to find dried up trees when you return from a day or so away.

Top Bottom