Mix and match seeds for sale (fall color focused)

PA_Penjing

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I did my annual collection route, all of these seeds are fresh from this week. I only collect from trees that are healthy and free of fungal infections. All seeds are from deciduous trees that have pleasing fall color, you can buy as many types/ species as you want or just one type. I tend not to collect huge amounts so this has more of a gourmet feel, 5 of those, 15 of these, 10 of those. Feel free to message me for pricing or comment on this thread. Please keep in mind if you want each seed type individually packaged it will cost more, versus me mixing all seed types together. I am happy to show photos of each seed so you can identify upon arrival or help identify them once they reach you. Fortunately they are all very unique fom eachother. I will ship these in moist horticultural charcoal unless there are a bunch of individually packaged types. I have...

Northern Ecotype Bald Cypress (rusty orange fall color) these are collected from an old cypress in my neighborhood zone 6b Pennsylvania and will handle winter with no problem. Fair warning, I have personally had very low germintation rates with this species.

Field Maple, Acer campastre (true yellow fall color) leaves reduce to 1" and trunks thicken rapidly. Kind of a coarse tree and good for medium to large bonsai.

Small Leaf Japanese Maple (true red fall color) These seeds were collected from a small leaf JM cultivar. We know there is a lot of variation with seeds so these will potentially be fairly normally but likely smaller than average leaves. Not many seeds left

Japanese Beauty Berry (bright light yellow with beautiful bright purple berries) This might be the most showy autumn tree/shrub on the list. These seeds will be sold still in the berry.

Amur Maple (intense red fall color) Super cold hardy, super bright red, and super high germination rates. I once had a batch of amur seeds sprout outdoors in January and survive until the spring, didn't know that was possible for any plant.

Dwarf Burning bush (scarlet into fire engine red fall color) This is my first year collecting seed for the "compacta" cultivar and I am unsure whether or not the seeds will have the mothers dwarf habit. Regardless the regular burning bush are used extensively for bonsai near me.

Chinese elm (bronzey yellow fall color) I am unsure of the cultivar of the mother trees but they color up nicely each fall and have no trouble with my zone 6 winter. The seedlings seem to have similar characteristics so far.

*Trident Maple SEEDLINGS (pink,orange,red fall color) I have no seeds for trident this year but have a small handful of seedlings left from this spring.

**Paper Bark Maple (brilliant red) while I don't actually have these seeds in my possesion I can get them at a moments notice if anyone is interested. Beautiful bark, beautiful fall color, difficult growth habit to work with. I have seen a few good examples at the nursery and on the web though.

Please keep in mind this is a unique way to sell seeds and is a lot more work than mailing a ziplock bag full of one type of seed. The price will reflect that BUT it's cheaper than going on a site like sheffields and buying seed packets for every tree that tickles your fancy. It's geared toward people like me with small collections who don't want to germinate 800 seeds and pick their favorite 30 trees from there. Thanks for looking. If there is interest I will add to the list. I can get access to Japanese maple seed that gives reliable YELLOW fall color, and some other fun species

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I think you should offer seed swap rather than trying to sell them.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I like your selection... if I was a man of monetary means I would purchase SEVERAL of the species you have available.

🤓

Top Bottom