Moderator Applications

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Anybody willing to be a Moderator for here?
Mom

Reaction score
I told you earlier in chat that I am open to doing this, as I'm home all day now. And I know a few people here but not enough to have any real alliances. I for one am tired of the crap that I even came out of lurking to get involved in. I stirred th epot when I first started posting, but have since apologized to parties involved. Since then I have actually pledged to not engage in pointless bickering, and to stay on topic.
Some people think that you can't be a nice person and a moderator, I disagree, and will smack whoever says that crap. LOL

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
Did I miss something here?

AndyWilson

Mame
Reaction score
Done, apologies. Posted that before i read all the arguments again...

Last edited:

zelk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
i volunteer to become a mod

but if bnut wants to pay me thats good too..

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Zelk,

May I ask why you are quoting me in your signature, is there something I can help you understand?

No Mods Please.

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Irene I understand your desire for a moderator. I will admit on a few and far flung occasions that it might have been a good idea. However, to bring a moderator into the picture would be admitting that Bnut can't police itself and that a babysitter is needed. I for one would like to steer away from that for the time being. I think for the most part as Bnut has evolved the distractions have been minimized due to a concerted effort by its members, who should be credited for this positive movement in the right direction.

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
I agree at this moment in time, but I also know that he can't be here 24/7 as well.
Mom

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
For fear that those who want a moderator might just get their way, because those of us who don't have not spoken up, I vote NO MODERATOR/MODERATORS/BONSAI EXPERTS BY DEFAULT/LEDGENDS IN THEIR OWN MINDS/ BABY SITTERS. Most people who want to be moderators are seeking only the power of that position. Remember the proverb: The quest for power is the last refuge of a failed life. Don't ask, I can't now remember who wrote that quote. I have seen it exercised in other places by people that do not have a clue what they are talking about, or a vague idea about the finer points of a discussion. Now before someone jumps in here and says; "Oh, that can't happen", several years ago I would have agreed. But since then I have had it happen to me. The result was that a pile of foolishness was passed off as a legitimate, viable point of view simply because a moderator jumped in the middle of something where they did not belong, or have the expertise to make a contribution, other than to shut down a discussion.

It's easy to jump into the middle of a urinating contest, but not so simple a job to do the same when a heated discussion arises about some sort of critical information, technique, concept, or theory. You want to change the nature and temper of any site make people post under their own good names and see how civil things become, or how quickly the trolls in disguise disappear.

Last edited:

BONSAI_OUTLAW

Banned
Reaction score
I am voting no mod, but if we have to have a mod I would like to be the first to nominate Chuck Norris.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
For fear that those who want a moderator might just get their way, because those of us who don't have not spoken up, I vote NO MODERATOR/MODERATORS/BONSAI EXPERTS BY DEFAULT/LEDGENDS IN THEIR OWN MINDS/ BABY SITTERS. Most people who want to be moderators are seeking only the power of that position. Remember the proverb: The quest for power is the last refuge of a failed life. Don't ask, I can't now remember who wrote that quote. I have seen it exercised in other places by people that do not have a clue what they are talking about, or a vague idea about the finer points of a discussion. Now before someone jumps in here and says; "Oh, that can't happen", several years ago I would have agreed. But since then I have had it happen to me. The result was that a pile of foolishness was passed off as a legitimate, viable point of view simply because a moderator jumped in the middle of something where they did not belong, or have the expertise to make a contribution, other than to shut down a discussion.

It's easy to jump into the middle of a urinating contest, but not so simple a job to do the same when a heated discussion arises about some sort of critical information, technique, concept, or theory. You want to change the nature and temper of any site make people post under their own good names and see how civil things become, or how quickly the trolls in disguise disappear.

Now I wasn't in the middle of a moderator something or other, but I haven't noticed the kind of difficulties mentioned in the past. Probably that's because I wasn't looking closely enough. Can you post a link or even give a hint? Subject, forum, and time frame would probably be enough.

I thought I had already come out against moderators, and wouldn't take the job if it were offered, but I see that I haven't, the board went down before I was able to post it. So consider this my nay vote.

I'd still like to follow what you are referring to, Vance.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Now I wasn't in the middle of a moderator something or other, but I haven't noticed the kind of difficulties mentioned in the past. Probably that's because I wasn't looking closely enough. Can you post a link or even give a hint? Subject, forum, and time frame would probably be enough.

I thought I had already come out against moderators, and wouldn't take the job if it were offered, but I see that I haven't, the board went down before I was able to post it. So consider this my nay vote.

I'd still like to follow what you are referring to, Vance.

I really don't want to open any old wounds and cause a new fire storm of bad feelings. Clue: A hores's hoof print and a bonsai pot.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
well I think that's a little too cryptic for me.

I am not trying to be sarcastic with you, what I have mentioned is pretty much the bottom line of a discussion that was interrupted by an over zealous moderator---does that help?

Top Bottom