Modern stand design

Velodog2

Chumono
Reaction score
I was really referring to the quality of the build and design as well as overall size. I like cascade stands and would like to build more if that is what you are referring to.

Reaction score
Meanwhile at Gafuten ... lots of examples of what I should be building.
View attachment 227022

That is actually at the 20th Trophy, held last weekend in Belgium and not at the Kokufu Ten. I have seen those tables as well, but can't remember on which sales stand they were. They might be imported but a lot of European show table builders had tables of similar top shelf quality and design.

Velodog2

Chumono
Reaction score
Probably so as I just noticed some English on a banner in the background. I just copied the photo from my Instagram and took the caption at face value. I don’t pretend to know all (or any) of the shows.

When some of you refer to “taller” stands are you referring to standard rectangular display stands for upright trees that are maybe more of a lap desk style on the order of 6-12”? Or cascade style?

salperalez

Seed
Reaction score
I don’t know if this is “Art Deco” or “Arts and crafts” or just Boy Scout camp. Cherry with walnut legs and an oil finish. 5-1/2x8. What do you think?
View attachment 226497
View attachment 226496
I notched the legs to inset the top by hand with a sedchisel but since thought of at least 3 other easier and more precise ways of doing it.
If call it Modern Asia . Great design . I like that you used light and dark woods, it emphasizes your design .

ChadA2

Seedling
Reaction score
I love it…. Not a fan of the traditional mahogany type stands with the scrolly woodworking that are so commonly used. If you ever think of selling one of your modern stands please message me.

Top Bottom