Mojo Bonsai Workstation

R0b

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am looking for a table to work on my trees. My current best pick would be the Mojo Bonsai Workstation Pro. Now I am wondering if anyone has experience with these and if there are good or better alternatives?

R0b

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very odd indeed 🤔

I think I can save some money there thanks

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
In SoCal people would often use barber chair bases. See if there are any used barber chairs for sale and toss the chair. They are usually made out of stainless, built to handle a ton of weight, spin, and have hydraulic height adjustment.

R0b

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
In SoCal people would often use barber chair bases. See if there are any used barber chairs for sale and toss the chair. They are usually made out of stainless, built to handle a ton of weight, spin, and have hydraulic height adjustment.
I am looking into these type of options now. Tried construction type equipment and so far the Jawstand is the best solution that I could find so not a surprise they came up with it. They are around estimated 130 $ over Ebay, shipping and tax double the price. What I like about is the option to tilt.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I am looking into these type of options now. Tried construction type equipment and so far the Jawstand is the best solution that I could find so not a surprise they came up with it. They are around estimated 130 $ over Ebay, shipping and tax double the price. What I like about is the option to tilt.

Yes tilting is interesting... though call me old school I would rather work on a flat surface and if I need to tilt the pot I put blocks under it.

roberthu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
I use a foldable table and a plastic turn table....
Works pretty well

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I use a foldable table and a plastic turn table....
Works pretty well

wait until you get a few more years on your back.
Having something that you can adjust the height of that allows you to sit or stand is a big favor for the back and the derierre, both of which get sore doing long sessions of bonsai work. Its nice being able to alternate between sitting and standing, especially when wiring.

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Yes tilting is interesting... though call me old school I would rather work on a flat surface and if I need to tilt the pot I put blocks under it.
The tilt ability of my homemade one is a novelty.
I still use blocks, because it is far less stable to have a tree tilted and tied down (and takes longer to prepare).

I could see using the tilt if you had to work a tree for an extended amount of time in a crazy different angle, but not worth the extra hassle.

R0b

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The tilt ability of my homemade one is a novelty.
I still use blocks, because it is far less stable to have a tree tilted and tied down (and takes longer to prepare).

I could see using the tilt if you had to work a tree for an extended amount of time in a crazy different angle, but not worth the extra hassle.

good to know will take that into consideration

johng

Omono
Reaction score
Biggest problem with the Mojo stand or the knock off version is that it is very difficult to adjust the height while it is loaded. Furthermore, If you tilt the top you have no where to sit tools and wire....as several have mentioned it’s still better to use blocks or sand bags to adjust the inclination of a tree. The mojo table is also not heavy duty enough to handle large trees...claims a 200# limit but any thing over 50# is precarious. There is also just a screw down adjustment on the tilt...no way to lock in place. So, if you are not carefulI you could easily dump a heavy tree on the floor. I much prefer a hydraulic cart with a turntable. I like the sturdiness of the green T stand but it’s very limited in its height adjustment...maybe 8” total.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
A friend uses a motorcycle lift from Harbor Freight (I think). Not cheap, but works great.

Top Bottom