Mold on my Orange Tree

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Calamondin Manderin Orange - Citrus Reticulata

This tree lost it's place in my sun room to a new ficus, it got very unhappy when I moved it. Then when spring came I moved it outside and it has done very well. Even produced a new orange (it has had 3 to 4 at a time in the past) and seemed to be back to usual. We had daily rain for about 3 weeks and it was dark when I did get out to check or water. When I did see it in good daylight I noticed most all the leaves had a black mold on them. I can wet the leaf and wipe most of the black off. I did not wipe it off, I moved the tree from under the shade to where it gets more sun. This did not help so I sprayed with some mix of Orthenex that I had used for Black Spot on some Elms. It did not help/remove the black on the leaves. It seems to be loose in the pot now too, which sounds like it is dead? I am wondering should I try to remove the black by wiping it off or cutting the leaves off? I will have to bring it inside in the next couple of week and do not want to infect my other trees in the process.
Thanks of any Help
Michael

Attachments

• Oct04_0001.jpg
    Oct04_0001.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Oct04_0002.jpg
    Oct04_0002.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Oct04_0003.jpg
    Oct04_0003.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 30