Montezuma Cypress Leader disaster.....

AaronThomas

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Well... the kids nailed the leader on my Cypress about six weeks ago now with who knows what.
Had to cut the leader way down to get a clean chop. Scratched to see if it was still green and it is. Was hoping to see some buds popping on the leader like they have been all over the tree but nothing.
Though I would ask if my leader is now way too short. Doomed or wait it out....???
THX
IMG_1009.jpeg

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well... the kids nailed the leader on my Cypress about six weeks ago now with who knows what.
Had to cut the leader way down to get a clean chop. Scratched to see if it was still green and it is. Was hoping to see some buds popping on the leader like they have been all over the tree but nothing.
Though I would ask if my leader is now way too short. Doomed or wait it out....???
THX
View attachment 244167
Oh man. I know this feeling. My kids have done a number on 2 different trees over the years. Frustrating to say the least.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Possible necessary good change of design warranted;). See 2/3 good apexes developing. Don't worry be happy.

AaronThomas

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
This tree was way too tall for the trunk so kids have done you a favour I think:)
Yeah… I realized about a year into the chop that I left it way too tall. Got a learn somewhere this was my first cypress?

AaronThomas

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Possible necessary good change of design warranted;). See 2/3 good apexes developing. Don't worry be happy.
I always worry! Lol
Think I should go a different direction?
She ain’t the prettiest.... but have really hon to school with it.

Top Bottom