more late summer garden

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I like the logs and tree stumps that some of the trees are sitting on, do you treat them with something to keep them from rotting?

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Logs for stands. Why didn't I think of that?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Beautiful garden, Walter! Are your pots secured to the logs in any fashion? Looking through these pics is getting my stoke up for really digging into the BE Deciduous courses.

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Beautiful garden Walter! I use the stumps too and have found them to be a very nice option.

The trees on top of mine don’t look quite the same though 😂

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
The trees are just on the stumps without any security. No earthquakes her ever, no hurricanes. Once a year a mole or a cat makes the stump fall over. Xecurity would not help it anyway. Almost never anything serious happes to the trees other than some are getingt better by a broken branch.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The trees are just on the stumps without any security. No earthquakes her ever, no hurricanes. Once a year a mole or a cat makes the stump fall over. Xecurity would not help it anyway. Almost never anything serious happes to the trees other than some are getingt better by a broken branch.

Couldn't imagine that in my area. I gotta tie down most trees over Shohin size, especially deciduous with wide canopies.

Top Bottom