more macy's bougainvillea. work in progress - then to now

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
mixed in with the 68 collected bougainvillea stumps was this kabudachi (raft). raft style bougainvillea are uncommon, so I was pleased to add this tree to my collection. creating a decent raft bonsai is not as easy as I thought it would be - working on multiple trunks, choosing/placing branches to fill negative spaces, developing a broader overall canopy shape, are some of the items on the to-do list. long road ahead before this becomes bonsai

sharing some then to now pictures.

sam

january 2011
DSC08186.jpgDSC08191.jpg

february 2012
DSC02362.jpgDSC02386.jpg

december 2012
DSC03974.jpg

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thanks for sharing. Really great to see a timeline in pictures.

shane martin

Seedling
Reaction score
mixed in with the 68 collected bougainvillea stumps was this kabudachi (raft). raft style bougainvillea are uncommon, so I was pleased to add this tree to my collection. creating a decent raft bonsai is not as easy as I thought it would be - working on multiple trunks, choosing/placing branches to fill negative spaces, developing a broader overall canopy shape, are some of the items on the to-do list. long road ahead before this becomes bonsai

sharing some then to now pictures.

sam

january 2011
View attachment 28653View attachment 28655

february 2012
View attachment 28654View attachment 28656

december 2012
View attachment 28657
Sam, I find Multi Trunk style the most difficult to get to look natural.... I think you are doing a stellar job with this one. It's well on the way to becoming a very good example.

Top Bottom