Morris Midget Prebonsai

daveskib

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I recently purchased from Evergreen garden works a Morris Midget boxwood. Where it was grown was California and i live in Delaware. It isn't fully acclimated to the low 20s -high teens night temperatures yet. Where should i place this tree until it gets warmer? A dark unheated attached garage or in the house away from the heater ducts with bright light.

Dave

Jason

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The place you purchased it from is very reputable. You could just ask the guy you bought it from. Do you have an unheated garage or porch? What were your plans when you purchased it?

Reaction score
The safest thing to do would be to keep it in a sunny area in your home away from heat sources. Move outdoors when threat of freezing temperatures are past. Spring is right around the corner and a little time indoors for a newly acclimating tree won't hurt it.

emorrin

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
I put mine in my basement window well during winter. It stays between 45F and 32F all winter. I have a clear window well cover so it gets enough light as well.

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Boxwoods are also one of the plants that will do fine with lower light level. Knowing that you could put it in a bright window and not worry too much about it, just watch the water requirements.

Top Bottom