Moss source

Hielonite34

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Any of my brethren in the northwest have any of that fancy moss they can hook a brother up here in Florida with?

Pretty please...

Danteswake

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b-
Not sure if their moss can handle our weather but im intrigued. The stuff ive collected here in central Florida just doesnt seem robust or nice looking.

Hielonite34

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Ya, in Orlando area myself. And the moss here is a pale green haha.

I’d figure it’d be worth a shot. Just try it out on one of my shade trees with a daily mist.

I’m sure they have plenty to spare up there lol

Danteswake

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b-
I know who would know. Jared from Bonsaiecho.com. scroll down to bottom of that main page. He welcomes messages. Ive reached out to him before. He responds. Hes from up that way.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'll ship you some, but mine got that Rona!
Lol!

I been scoping some new patches out, but I can't send you any now, when I can.....
Bing.

Wanna buy a pot?😉

Sorce

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Any of my brethren in the northwest have any of that fancy moss they can hook a brother up here in Florida with?

Pretty please...
I'll send you a few types in a small flat rate box. May not like Florida but try it. Probably 8 dollars shipping.
paypal underdogracing@yahoo.com

and @sorce I want to buy a pot! I'll send you a PM tomorrow

Last edited:

Danteswake

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b-
That was smooth sorce. Im running short on time at the moment but will try to look into both of those ideas tomorrow. Thanks.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
buy a pot!

I'm full to the top line with greenware!

20200315_193952(1).jpg
20200315_194015.jpg

Best get that kiln up and running I reckon!

I have a handful of smaller joints in and around the size of that dark magic pot right now.
20200315_194950.jpg

Sorce

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That funky green one in the last pic could work. Send me the specs.
Better yet I'll send you the tree specs and pics and you fix me up tomorrow

Hielonite34

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
I'll ship you some, but mine got that Rona!
Lol!

I been scoping some new patches out, but I can't send you any now, when I can.....
Bing.

Wanna buy a pot?😉

Sorce

haha, sorce, I’ve always enjoyed the pattern and phrasing of your posts. I didn’t know you sell pots. I’m good on pots, but I will take you up on the moss. I’ve heard that corona actually makes it a lighter, fluffier, brilliant green ;)

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Do not ship live plants from northern states to southern agricultural states. That moves northern pests and organisms that are limited by winterkill to the endless summer. It is specifically illegal. Collect moss locally. Attached is a primer that should be helpful.

Attachments

• Mossification.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 44

Hielonite34

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
So, what state or imaginary line is the cut off point? Cuz I’ve had no issue with governmental agencies like Arbor Day shipping me trees. I’m pretty sure that’s Midwest. So, maybe just a 1,500 mile radius?

I understand the media has been talking a lot lately about disease, and virus, and temperature ranges for killing such things as the flu and what not. But I think some moss from the northwest placed on top of the soil on some of my trees in the southeast is the least of our worries.

I’m sorry if this comes across as too forward and brash.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
If you meet the standards to provide a phytosanitary certificate from your place of growing to the destination, then you, too, can do it. Are you a certified grower in your state? Have you met the certification standards to ship to Florida? Every state that grows citrus has standards which are intended to prevent invasions of fruitflies which are very destructive to citrus. Fruitflies are hermaphrodites. That means if a female is ready and can't find a mate she can morph and fertilize herself. One fruitfly is an invasion. The costs of an invasion is astounding. The standards are a big deal in all those states.

Danteswake

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b-
Wow I never would of thought about that being an issue. Thanks to those who offered though. Always learning here, always.

Top Bottom