MrFancyPlants 6 year jbp’s

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I gave em a soak in warm water, but placed the glasses in the fridge overnight. Sinkers are keepers, right? How about for tsuga and scotts pine?

Bought the seeds from treeseeds and got some others while I was at it.. I always admired scotts pine needles.

I have some vermiculite that is supposed to arrive tomorrow as well as some fines from my regular mix this year, and some course Lake Erie sand. Not quite sure how it is going to go down, but planning on sowing tomorrow.

I’m bad with seeds btw. I won’t blame luck , but I think my ginkgo is my only survivor from seed.

Attachments

• 0C1E7239-E1F9-4F96-9A77-8432EC8E4097.jpeg
    0C1E7239-E1F9-4F96-9A77-8432EC8E4097.jpeg
    329.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 3B6010E1-AFAD-4D70-AD80-3ED8A8F0186D.jpeg
    3B6010E1-AFAD-4D70-AD80-3ED8A8F0186D.jpeg
    320.6 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Keeping with my "bad with seeds" theme, I don't have a single sprout yet.. I'm not sure if it was the lack of stratification, or if the birds that scattered subtrate around the yard managed to snag every single last seed that I planted. Also possible that my vermiculite + fine substrate siftings didn't hold enough water for germination.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Try again. @MrFancyPlants ,

try a simple mix of 8 parts 3 / 4 mm gravel and sifted peatmoss 2 parts, in a 3 inch deep, earthenware container
or cactus mix. Just in case your Hand is heavy as watering goes.

If you look at my last images in my J.B.Pine entry -------- you can also plant single seeds in
the smallest clay pot.
That way you touch nothing until next year.

You can still take 5 and do the cut root technique.

BUT remember it is getting the seedlings to stay Healthy.

These worked nicely-
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q8PDCNS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You get about 120 or so in seed.

Soak in room temperature water for 24 hours and then just plant.
Some where sunny, and if need be place a cage of chicken wire over the container.

You may need to water well, once a day .
Or once every two days.

How humid are you?

How cold are you ------for seeds, air temperature should be over 70 deg.F day or night.
Please don't give up.
Anthony

Top Bottom