MrMaple.com

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
For some reason I couldn't upload the way I want, so I'm using photobucket.

Anyways...Extremely short internodes, very compact and slow to reach a large size. Reminds me of Acer palmatum 'Mikawa Yatsubusa'.

I like the leaf shape a lot. I would like to grow this guy out for secondary branches to graft on a future trunk.

I started to search for a leaf shape like one on this one after seeing some interesting Tridents on John Milton's blog. I think the one he worked on over there is a different cultivar though...
DSC05823.jpg

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
It's awesome. The very close leaves remind me of kotohime japanese maples.

The tree itself was small in your picture, but how about the roots? Did they full the container mostly?

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I cannot recall too well how much of the container it filled. If there were too few, then I'd definitely remember that, but it was a normal amount of roots for a trident seedling or cutting of that size.

cjbonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
I cannot recall too well how much of the container it filled. If there were too few, then I'd definitely remember that, but it was a normal amount of roots for a trident seedling or cutting of that size.
This tree is acer buergerianum Mino yatsubusa it can actually grow from cutting wells as a grafted plant it forms bad reverse taper at the graft union because it thickens faster than the understook. The bark is extremely flaky on old specimens as well to.

Top Bottom