Mud men, American style?

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have seen and enjoyed the mud men figurines on certain Bonsai presentations. I am an American and have absolutely zero ties to the orient, I would love to find an American or even European styled mud men type figures for Bonsai. I would love a Tom Sawyer type figure, boy in shorts and straw hat with a cane pole, or maybe a miniature wagon like the type the westerners would take along on a cattle drive to carry their provisions. I would love a small log cabin, or maybe even a miniature outhouse complete with quarter-moon peep hole on the door. The way I look at it is it would be more contemporary with what I am interested in, namely old trees I have seen in America. Any ideas where one would find something like this? I have even thought of the little plastic cowboy and indian sets I used to play with as a child maybe using an indian with a spear or the little teepee or the old well that came with those sets and painting them a muted brown to use as a silhouette figure, but they do not seem to be available these days of Xbox and Ipad.

ed

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Start searching the internet for model railroad figures. Ho figures are about 1 inch tall but O scale figures are about 2 inches tall. there are all sorts of figures like miners, cowboys, shop keepers and mining cars, covered wagons and antique cars from the teens and twenties. maybe something like that will work.

http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/O-Gauge-Figures-s/1249.htm

start at a place like that, there are countless hundreds of other places.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks Smoke, this is something I would have never considered as I have never been into model trains, and the best part is there is always the mom and pop shops around with model train sets so I could actually look at them personally instead of trying to visualize them from an internet picture.

ed

Top Bottom