Mugo Nursery Hunt

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
It has been asked of me to put together a series of videos about the process of finding Mugos in a nursery. Specifically Adair asked me to do this and my response was that there have been none available except a few Mops Dwarfs scattered about here and there. I made a couple of phone calls the other and found that my prine source finally had a delivery of some 3.58 gl Mugo Pines, the first they have had all year. So here we are looking through a bunch of them. Most of these trees are marginally better than most Mugos I find under these conditions, most of the videos are not anything like professionally done but you should get an idea of how this works. There are quite a few seperate video files so be patient.

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thanks Vance! this is perfect timing for me

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Here comes part three. These videos were recorded bsck to back and it takes me for ever to stitch them together and forever for them to load and play. So----I am downloading them one at a time.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Figures the good Mugos would arrive after I was there.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Figures the good Mugos would arrive after I was there.
I don't know what to tell you Mike, these are the first substantial Mugos I have seen anywhere this year. If I had unlimited income and property I would buy most of the rest of them, there has to be around fifty of them left.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I don't know what to tell you Mike, these are the first substantial Mugos I have seen anywhere this year. If I had unlimited income and property I would buy most of the rest of them, there has to be around fifty of them left.
May be a good investment to buy more and sell them at a marked up price soon down the road if you canm

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
May be a good investment to buy more and sell them at a marked up price soon down the road if you canm
Those too were my thought my problem is I don't have the room to store them at this point.

qwade

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Thanks for posting all these videos this is helpful to see how other people look for trees.

And a big thanks to your' better half' ! Does she load the vehicle also ?:)

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
And a big thanks to your' better half' ! Does she load the vehicle also ?:)
You are absolutely correct, I could not do bonsai if it were not for the help and support of my wife, and yes; when it is necessary she helps me with the heavy work. That was an issue here, loading them into the car.

Top Bottom