Mugo Pine (Sugg. for Beginner)

albtug

Seed
Reaction score
Hello to everyone from Turkiye :)
I need your help about my new Mugo Pine. First want to say that i'm newbee about bonsai. This is my first try.
Need your sugg.s how to cut my mugo, how to wire? When should i to this cuttings wiring and etc.?
Please show your advice on my pictures. This way is to easy for me.
Thanks. :)
P.S.:(Sory for my bad Eng.)

Attachments

• IMG_1810.JPG
    IMG_1810.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1968.JPG
    IMG_1968.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1969.JPG
    IMG_1969.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1970.JPG
    IMG_1970.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1971.JPG
    IMG_1971.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1972.JPG
    IMG_1972.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 52

albtug

Seed
Reaction score
Thanks for your video @BunjaeKorea but i need to style sugg on my pictures. i think this way is more usefull for my. Thanks again.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I remember vance post a video of what he did from a B&B mugo pine... with videos... can't find it. Does anyone remember?

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
First of all, while the Ryan Neil vids are very nice, Mugo pines are not Japanese red, black or white pines and they CAN NOT be treated in the same way.

How to wire a tree is fine, but the timing for repotting, pruning, etc is not the same so do not follow the schedule for Japanese red, black and white pines.

Please look up mugo pines on this site. Vance Wood is the mugo expert here and he has posted tons of information about them here. I would follow his advice.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
My only problem here is that your tree looks to be grafted so I cannot even come close to making any promises of success, the Mugos we have here are not grafted.

OK;---first of all you cannot do every thing there needs to be done to this tree immediately, you are going to have to do it in stages and installments. It appears to already be in an adequate pot for working on the tree, so let's not think about repotting the tree right now.

Now you want to do something about styling the tree. The critical question is how well do you wire, prune and design the shapes of a tree? It's not as easy as you might think. What kind of tools do you have and do you know what to do with them?

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I would really like to help but you have to respond. I don't mean to suggest that you know nothing but I have no clue what your abilities are capable of.

Top Bottom