Mulberry feeding

Munch9

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I just potted a mulberry and have no idea of how often I can feed it.
Searched for it but didn't find anything consistent to follow.
I'm very used to utilize liquid triple 10.

Attachments

• 5d686b9c-6cfa-4f82-b97f-a33d75b946b1.jpg
    5d686b9c-6cfa-4f82-b97f-a33d75b946b1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 20

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
Mulberry is a tree. Just like most other trees so feed it as other bonsai.
For outdoor bonsai that are watered well and often:
While there are leaves feed every 2-3 weeks should be OK. I know a few feed liquid weekly but that's probably overdoing it.

Indoor bonsai are not usually watered as thoroughly or as often so nutrients are not leached out so quick. Feed every 4-6 weeks?

Mulberry should be kept outside as much as possible - probably all year round in Brazil?

Munch9

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Mulberry is a tree. Just like most other trees so feed it as other bonsai.
For outdoor bonsai that are watered well and often:
While there are leaves feed every 2-3 weeks should be OK. I know a few feed liquid weekly but that's probably overdoing it.

Indoor bonsai are not usually watered as thoroughly or as often so nutrients are not leached out so quick. Feed every 4-6 weeks?

Mulberry should be kept outside as much as possible - probably all year round in Brazil?
Thx, I will keep using every 4 weeks, sadly I can't keep it outside, but I have a nice indoor garden with a big window keeping it open all day.

Hmmmm... Sounds like paradise weather.
Yes it is haha! hardly below freezing and not so often over burning point haha.
Yup. Curitiba is amazing. And curitiba has some of the most advanced ideas when it comes to city development, transport etc in the whole of south america
Yes it is, lots of places to hang out, lots of nature everywhere, but it was a long time ago before the pandemic, I don't go outside since march last year...

Munch9

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Same here. My wife and I had a corona party last week, the two of us, each a six pack of corona. Celebrating one year home office..
hAHAHAHAH I bet this company had a wonderful year of profits hahaha!

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Will miss not visiting Curitiba anymore though. Had a few good visits over the last years.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow, seriously, what are your favorite places?
don't ask me.. :) I was helping with a few projects with the main universities in town. They lugged me around!
Gorgeous town hall, great creative hub buildings. Insane bus stations. We were making plans on cleaning up iguazu river in town, but that link never materialized.

Overall.. good vibe in town.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
11B
If you want it to grow and thick the trunk plant it in a big training pot or the ground, in that small pot barely will grow

Top Bottom