IMG_4078.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4081.jpg
    IMG_4081.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 64

KayaMooney

Mame
Reaction score
The largest tree of the bunch, a banyan style Ficus. I think It's F. Philippinensis but I'm not too sure.

Attachments

• IMG_4085.jpg
    IMG_4085.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 45

KennedyMarx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I like the exposed root Kinmen a lot too. It reminds me of something from a fantasy novel. And the first Kinmen should make a nice little shohin. That banyan is cool too. I've seen F. Philippinensis for sale on Wigert's site, but I haven't seen one in person. I wonder how they compare to microcarpa.

Reaction score
I've seen F. Philippinensis for sale on Wigert's site, but I haven't seen one in person. I wonder how they compare to microcarpa.
Not so good...
Between microcarpa and benjimina.
Put out tons of ariels, though.

Reaction score
Yeah, It reminded of Benjamina but It's a large tree so I'm not too worried about leaf reduction or ramification.

Leaf reduction will happen as the tree's ramification is developed and fills in.
More leaves, smaller leaf size... They need to be worked more like a Benjamina.
I would not cut back as hard, and would plan to slowly work the tree over
years. They are sluggish to respond to a lot of work at one time.

Neli

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
hot
It looks like benjamina to me. Leaves reduce....Even without defoliation...not as much as other figs but it can be up to 1/4 of the original size. Treat it like a juniper...dont cut back branches without leaving foliage.
Congrats!

carp

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Kaya, it is philipinensis, not sure if I replied to you on FB or not. Been busy at work with my management position; never off before 11pm anymore. I'm about to get my house, so I'll have my plants again soon. Once I'm settled in, and if you ever got time to come up here you can crash on the couch and bring your trees.

Top Bottom