Multiple trunk Pomegranate.

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi all,
I think it is the time to show you my pomegranate collection. One of my big brothers had a large resources of big natural growing trees such as olive, crape myrtle, hibiscus and pomegranate. I am lucky enough to have his willingly sharing those gems with me.
This particular one was transferred to my care in 1/2013. As you can see, it had no leaves during the cold weather. Its trunk base is 21" from the end of the dead wood closed to the soil surface. Its height is 29 1/2".

Welcome home in 1/2013! As you can see, its natural deadwood are really impressive. As bonsai practitioner, we should have tried to imitate the natural mother in creating of the deadwood on our trees.

It was transplant to the current pot later on since I had to return the original pot to my big brother. I actually like the new house for this tree because it is showing the deadwood more powerful!

It was in the new pot last summer. It was pruned and wired last June.

and few days ago.
Before pruning and wiring

Those pictures were taken this morning. It is getting there in no time! :)

p/s: I am in process to look for the backdrop to get better picture quality!
Bonhe

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
p/s: I am in process to look for the backdrop to get better picture quality!

Really nice! Poms are fast...I wish I can source a big one here.

For backdrop...consider gray flat sheets. Big enough for your "monsters" and cheap...about $11 at Walmart. ;)

You can either loop it and put a pipe through for hanging or just attach a cord at the top then hang.

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
For backdrop...consider gray flat sheets. Big enough for your "monsters" and cheap...about $11 at Walmart. ;)

You can either loop it and put a pipe through for hanging or just attach a cord at the top then hang.
I prefer black one.
Bonhe

fore

Omono
Reaction score
"Wow is right!" Incredibly beautiful tree and deadwood! Thanks for sharing.

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It was on 1/18/2015
IMG_2537.jpg IMG_2538.jpg IMG_2539.jpg IMG_2541.jpg

One of its branch was in training.
IMG_2542.jpg
Bonhe

Top Bottom