Muranaka Shimpaku

cquinn

Shohin
Reaction score
I just bought a small Shimpaku rough stock from George Muranaka to design a nice little shohin with. He's had it for awhile, as it came from a bunch of cuttings he got from a widow of a bonsaist (Japanese fellow). Does anyone else have any historical information about these cutting grown Shimpaku that maybe deals with George? I like to have as much history with my trees as possible, because that's the part of bonsai that most gets me going. Mr. Muranaka seems to be good people. I wish I lived a little closer so I could visit his nursery. I think one day I'll have to take a West Coast bonsai tour.

John Ruger

Shohin
Reaction score
Did you try and contact him directly? He has a website and he seems like the type who would be more than glad to provide his customers with as much info. on any material he carries. I've never done business with him, yet on ebay he has the highest of ratings and I've seen some posts here and elsewhere where his customers have all positive comments.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
George IS a good guy. He may just be a little busy with the nursery. I can't speak to how frequently he responds to emails, but if you visit the nursery, or talk to him at a show, he is always very friendly and willing to discuss trees or tree care.

cquinn

Shohin
Reaction score
I'll call him. I just wondered if anyone in Cali knew the original owner, and maybe a little bit more about him. I'll try to get a name from Mr. Muranaka.

Top Bottom