Mushroom in my pot ???

Kappa

Seed
Reaction score
I am a beginner bonsai owner, my parents got me a pachira bonsai tree for my birthday almost two months ago and I thought I was doing a pretty good job at taking care of it ! However today I noticed that there was a mushroom growing in it !! There’s about an inch moss that covers the soil and I could just see the top of the mushroom peeking out, when I took out the tree marker (that I have kept in the pot) the mushroom was completely stuck to it ! I don’t know what kind of mushroom this is or what this means for my plant, can someone please help me ?
IMG_6634.jpgIMG_6637.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just means healthy alive soil.

Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
A mushroom popping out of the soil is a good thing. It is just the fruiting body of beneficial or harmless mycorrhiza. Mushrooms popping out of your tree, though, is a sign of that part of your tree has died = it is feeding on dead/rotting wood that needs to be treated

Kappa

Seed
Reaction score
A mushroom popping out of the soil is a good thing. It is just the fruiting body of beneficial or harmless mycorrhiza. Mushrooms popping out of your tree, though, is a sign of that part of your tree has died = it is feeding on dead/rotting wood that needs to be treated
that is good then i was very worried thank you !!

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Yes! Mycelium and its fruits are generally your friend.

Just watch for certain sub-sap species popping from decomposing WOOD material, as 0so has stated.

🤓

Top Bottom