Music From A Bonsai...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
http://vimeo.com/10198497

This is the coolest thing I have heard in FOREVER. It was posted on another bonsai forum and I had to put it out here as well... It is exactly what it says... a music track made off of sounds created on a boxwood bonsai.

AWESOME! :D

Victrinia

Mojosan

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hmmmm. All I could make out were some scratching sounds and thumps. Hardly what I'd call 'music', but ya gotta give him props for the idea..:confused:

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It would be more appealing to younger audiences and clubbers admittedly... but a "beat" like that is definitely considered music by a large contingent of the listening public.

I was very impressed with the technical skill needed to do it, and I liked how he even got different tones from the leaf. :cool:

So maybe I should have put a caveat on my post... it's not for everyone, but like so many things, if it appeals to you... you'll love it. :D

Worst case senerio... it still is unusual and therefor expands the mind. ;)

V

Mojosan

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well, maybe my browser is not up to date with java or something, because I didn't get any video just audio....:(

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
OH!!! that would totally ruin the experiance... seeing him make the sounds on the tree and setting up his mics was the coolest bit... he was using several different methods to do it, from a piano hammer on the trunk, flicking the leaf with his finger nail, using small and large violin style bows, a paint brush, tapping the foliage with his hands etc...

So yah... I could see how that would be no fun if you didn't get the video part to show up. Plus you missed the opportunity for a tree critique...lol dang wire scars...lol

V

Last edited:

donkey

Mame
Reaction score
Not three bad just a little slow to get started going to pass it on to some friends to use as a sample i think it would be great with a gabber or industrial techno beat I didn't get the video either

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I totally agree....:cool:

As to the video issue... I am running IE 8... so maybe it's your browsers. Since you didn't see it... the slowness you are hearing is the successive addition of mics being added to the scene.

V

donkey

Mame
Reaction score
I'll have to check it out on my mates computer next time i'm round there. no idea what IE 8 means i'm such technophobe i only started using computers and internet a few months ago

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
To the uninitiated who may think that the art of bonsai is somehow torturous to a tree; it is nothing, apparently, when compared to making a tree "sing"...

Very Cool, but I wouldn't let him in my garden...:p

Reaction score
interesting. there is a trend in organic sounding experimental music.

he's thinking outside the "box"

Yamadori

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I loved it. definately percussion music. So very creative.

Catfish, very funny pun indeed!

Mojosan

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yamadori, what exactly is that in your avatar? I can't make it out. Just curious.

Tink32

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'll have to check it out on my mates computer next time i'm round there. no idea what IE 8 means i'm such technophobe i only started using computers and internet a few months ago

Internet Explorer 8 = IE 8:)

BUBBAFRGA

Mame
Reaction score
V.

I normally agree with you but I just cannot on this......sorry dear this is not music.....lol.

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's really cool. Fantastic artist. bonhe

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
CC.... I'm not sure that it works the same for me... there's a tension in that which isn't present in the bonsai music. I found it interesting that I saw the term "difficult music" in one of the comments. I think that is an apt description for that track.:D

V

Top Bottom