Music Stuff

sikadelic

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
It sounds like we need to have a BNut jam sesh if you gnomesayin. Bass player over here, although I don't claim to be very good. Me and 2 other childhood pals get together every Sunday morning, around 11, for church. And by that, I mean cold ones on top of loud ones until we decide to stop and grill, and then continue. I am supposed to be the vocalist too but I haven't gotten around to writing yet. We have a bout 5 jams and are constantly trying to add some new riffs and stuff. We have no direction, but we have a damn good time. I will post some pics of our setup next time we get together.

Awesome thread!!

sikadelic

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Our jam space is being finished (upper level of my 3 car garage) so all of our stuff is shuffled around, but this is a screenshot of a YouTube video I have of us jamming. Back at it again on Sunday!

We play stoner/doom metal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190504-082536.png
    Screenshot_20190504-082536.png
    266.4 KB · Views: 23

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Went to the local Buy, Sell, Trade Music Warehouse today for my lunch break.
Stumbled upon something that you just don't see in places like this.....or maybe you do.....but I haven't.
I will need to do more research on this one to find its original price, but I think for anything under a thousand is a great deal. I've seen new ones priced above $13,000.00
Paid 300.....will be picking it up in a few weeks.
Can't wait to make THUNDER!!! HAHAHA!!!
A working Timpani!.....with a fresh head!
20190510_134019.jpg20190510_134012.jpg20190510_134019.jpg20190510_134012.jpg

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That's interesting....what is it called?

Check this one out. That sure looks cool. I would sure love to know the history and how it plays. Curious what it goes for too, the highest I’ve seen so far on the auction site was around 600,000 jpy. They can be more but that’s pretty rich for something not auditioned. Saw one for $20,000 usd once in N.A. I think it sold too.

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Nice kits. I play an e kit like a sissy because here in the bay area space is hard to come by and houses are real close together. I can play late/early though and never bother my wife.

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
6655C951-9A8A-4B35-B8E6-091CDF98122B.jpeg

There it is!
Roland td50k with a couple extra triggers, really like the added left foot pedal for ostinatos. Might upgrade the VH-11s to some vh-13s, they dont feel “real” enough. Overall really happy with the snare and ride that comes with the td50k.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
View attachment 252414

There it is!
Roland td50k with a couple extra triggers, really like the added left foot pedal for ostinatos. Might upgrade the VH-11s to some vh-13s, they dont feel “real” enough. Overall really happy with the snare and ride that comes with the td50k.
Sweet!
Yeah, I started playing on a Roland E-kit.
When I got real drums, at first I didn't nitice much difference in feel.....but after several years, the differences became clear.....and overall, they are pretty cool.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Bought some new toys today.
Taking a break from Classical Guitar,other than just playing and remembering songs.
Broke out the PRS and the amp.Probably sat and just went through myriads of patterns and arpeggios ,scales and chords by ear last night for about 3 hrs straight until I actually remembered how to play lol.
Want to learn a few Yes songs

,so bought a book.

Also a Strymon Deco
Volante
Ojai power pack
The Deco really dials in the Yes sound..here is video

Last edited:

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Bought some new toys today.
Taking a break from Classical Guitar,other than just playing and remembering songs.
Broke out the PRS and the amp.Probably sat and just went through myriads of patterns and arpeggios ,scales and chords by ear last night for about 3 hrs straight until I actually remembered how to play lol.
Want to learn a few Yes songs

,so bought a book.

Also a Strymon Deco
Volante
Ojai power pack
The Deco really dials in the Yes sound..here is video
Nice!

I got me a bass recently....the green thing there.

Good vibrations!

20190727_143236.jpg

Lorax7

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I love the talking heads also and I want a reunion tour. #stillwaiting
Unlikely to happen. I recall reading an interview years ago that said David and Tina had a falling out of some sort. I don’t recall much about the details except that it sounded like it was pretty much an irreconcilable thing.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@cheap_walmart_art is that a baritone ukulele or a U-Bass? (instrument on the stand on the right)

That is a baritone uke our drummer uses on some songs. I wish I had a U-bass though! Just can't think of a good reason to justify the expense since I already have my stand up, my ABG (acoustic bass guitar) and my electric.

pweifan

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
That is a baritone uke our drummer uses on some songs. I wish I had a U-bass though! Just can't think of a good reason to justify the expense since I already have my stand up, my ABG (acoustic bass guitar) and my electric.

I've been playing an acoustic (terribly) for about a year now. I'd like to upgrade to an acoustic electric and I'm always interested to hear what other people are playing. I've caught on that baritone ukuleles are not very popular :(

The guy who has been teaching me has a U-bass. He'd like to use it when I get good enough to actually play my parts correctly :)

Top Bottom