Must be a good person to develop good bonsai

johng

Omono
Reaction score

Kobayashi makes a very interesting statement at the beginning of this video...

If it is true, I think there are few of us that should go ahead a give up now:)

Last edited:

BonsaiMobius

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Haha "I would buy a $10,000 dollar tree and it would die an a week or two and my wife just hated that."

I am pretty sure that my fiancé would murder me if I did that!

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This coming from a man who admitted that he wanted fame and prizes, and later changed,when he had the fame and prizes .
Master of Bonsai yes, Life philosophies ???????????????????

How about - Bonsai = love of trees. nature and self discipline

Good Day
Anthony

Lance is okay, Gogeerah is okay, I'm okay, You are okay - remember the book ?

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is a great video and so true. Bonsai IS a way of life. Anyone ever notice how much it effects your vacation? I have always had a tough time being away from my trees.

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
This is a great video and so true. Bonsai IS a way of life. Anyone ever notice how much it effects your vacation? I have always had a tough time being away from my trees.
I've learned that I don't like vacation because of my trees. I actually have anxiety and being away from my trees makes me feel like I'm about to be in a car accident or something, it's just terrifying!

Aaron

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've learned that I don't like vacation because of my trees. I actually have anxiety and being away from my trees makes me feel like I'm about to be in a car accident or something, it's just terrifying!

Aaron
Exactly!

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
My Momma says I am a good person, guess that is why the last two Bald Cypress we dug out the swamp made it @johng!
Or maybe it is because I learned not to "over care" for them? Or am I a better listener now? Cool video but I feel a lot was lost in translation...

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
TtL286q.jpg

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Kobayashi makes a very interesting statement at the beginning of this video...

If it is true, I think there are few of us that should go ahead a give up now:)

Many thanks for posting. Once again the message of need for humility and care for the life of every tree registers as a new thing. Much appreciate message of beauty of trees being driving factor. Have learned as adult that if my trees do not make me better person as well as trees better trees nothing has been accomplished. See those here that do not care what they are as person but just brutalize and force trees to their will with all speed possible and that is all that matters. "Possible" technical excellence but no real beauty. No humility, no positive growth as person, no wisdom. Only arrogance. Impatience. Agree with original question these should give up for everyone elses benefit. Do no good for hobby. No good for trees.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This coming from a man who admitted that he wanted fame and prizes, and later changed,when he had the fame and prizes .
Master of Bonsai yes, Life philosophies ???????????????????

How about - Bonsai = love of trees. nature and self discipline

Good Day
Anthony

Lance is okay, Gogeerah is okay, I'm okay, You are okay - remember the book ?

If we are wise and as we age we should become better person with wiser perspective. Many of us when younger had such goals did we not? Only after time we understood these did not mean so much as we expectedo_O.

Top Bottom