My “new” bonsai shelf

Joe Dupre'

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Very cool bonsai bench. It looks perfect in front of the battered old shed. BUT, please don't leave this old relic out in the elements to rot away in a few short years. And it WILL rot away. I've seen too many do the same over the years. One day, all that's left is a pile of rusty metal parts. That's a shame, really.

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
View attachment 264601View attachment 264603

I decided to combine two of my interests and took my old wagon and reinforced the base so it will hold my pre-bonsai all in one place for watering. It also will be nice to pull in the shade or put in the barn during bad weather.
Neat way to add age and character to your pre-bonsai! The bench in the background is heavy and requires slat replacement every decade or so! Mine is currently painted grey, with black iron sides! Recently redone, so it has been acquired by my wife for her garden.;)

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
where's the horse? This is awesome lol 👍👍

Silentrunning

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Very cool bonsai bench. It looks perfect in front of the battered old shed. BUT, please don't leave this old relic out in the elements to rot away in a few short years. And it WILL rot away. I've seen too many do the same over the years. One day, all that's left is a pile of rusty metal parts. That's a shame, really.

The wagon has several coats of wood preservative sprayed on it. As soon as the colder weather comes and the trees are moved to the ground, it will go into the barn for the winter. All the metal parts get sprayed regularly with Ospho and then oiled to keep their patina. The boards that the trees are sitting on are scraps that I have scrounged up and not original to the wagon.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Friggen awesome. Love you whole set up there. It is so Carolina. I am really at home from PA, thru VA and NC.

Top Bottom