My 2nd juni

Reaction score
North Auckland (whangaparaoa), New Zealand
USDA Zone
10b
Bought october 2020 from local prebonsai nursery ron Judd. Wanted upright style. Used electrical tape to protect trunk and bark, but doubled it over so it's not sticky. (Wish I had black!). I've got a long way to go in terms of bonsai, so please feel free to criticize (ima big boy and can take it). I found working with 6mm wire to be difficult.

TimePhoto_20201024_115318.jpgTimePhoto_20201024_115302.jpgTimePhoto_20201024_115251.jpgTimePhoto_20201024_115239.jpgTimePhoto_20201025_143621.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would just smash that apical branch down.

It's definitely better now.

Sorce

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I would just smash that apical branch down.

It's definitely better now.

Sorce
Sorry sorce I dont understand what that is, is that the apex one? One big fault I just realised is I now have a vertical straight in the mid section, but my poor wiring isn't letting me put a bend in there, so I'll try again at the next wiring

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If I was trying to weld with a hammer, I might feel my skills were poor too, until I realized I was using the wrong tool.

Find/make/use more appropriate wire, and your skills will improve!

Yeah that top one...that will bring less attention to the straight part, though it may just be so visible now due to the tape. You can hide everything straight with folaige eventually.

When you get tight strong wire on there, you can grab a couple / / of wire with a pliers and put really tight bends in.

I think you'll be able to leave this till some sets, and still have enough pliability in the straight section to bend it next year, so if you smash the apex down, remember to account for how you will bend that other section. It doesn't have to look perfect now!

I was very delighted to scroll to the last pic last time, I thought you may have bought it, pruned it and just thrown the rock in at first!

So seeing the work, poor or not, was nice!

Sorce

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Thank you sorce. I love reading your posts but I only comprehend about 1% of them lol. Yes the top brach split when I tried to move it so i wired it back to how it was, hoping it will heal again. Yes I agree 5am wire would of been better but 6mm was all I had. I did have 4mmr but thought it wouldn't hold the bends I wanted to do. Maybe 2 rows of 4mm would have been better. Thanks for your advice

Top Bottom