My Almost Dead JBP

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The first pic shows what this poor JBP looked like when it was given to me at the end of 2012. The person who had it hardly watered it all for the whole summer and by Nov. when I took over with it I wasn't sure there wasn't much I could with it except hope for the best. There were more brown and pale needles than green ones. The second pic is from today. It's been doing great ever since I started giving it the TLC it needed. :)

Attachments

• D3C_5700_filtered.jpg
    D3C_5700_filtered.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 107
  • pne11.jpg
    pne11.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 106

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Wow, I was afraid to look at this thread, thought it'd be one of the sad tales, but this one has a happy ending. Very good.

KennedyMarx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
What was your course of action? I can see you used a different pot and it looks like fresh soil.

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes the pot is new and so is the soil because I just repotted it a few weeks ago, but keep in mind I've had the tree now for two years and this is the second repotting. I guess the timing of when I got the tree which was mid November helped in its recovery. Going into winter rather than summer with its heat stress especially here in Texas helped a lot. All I did really was make sure the tree didn't dry out and when early spring came I began my fertilizing as I do on all my JBPs, and somewhat heavy at that. The tree responded good because of that and took off with new buds. I did the normal decandeling and fall work as if the tree had no problems. I think a higher power might have something to do with this trees return to good health. :)

Top Bottom