My Bonsai Adventure 2007

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Excellent play by play Graydon, thank you for taking the time to do this.

Will

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
A great travel diary. Makes me want to hit the roads for Northern California and some of the great nurseries up there. The grass is always greener...

'Till next year, Graydon!

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Graydon, Thank You!
I have enjoyed being your sidekick on this trip and seeing it all with your eyes.
Irene

wahoo172

Yamadori
Reaction score
ok ok

Alright slacker... Where are the pix?

I know you have been home for a couple of days, surely that is enough time to get your business back on track, visit with your wife, edit and resize then post photos.

Seriously, this was a wonderful trip! We could not stay as long as Charlie (the nick name we that know him away from the internet call him) did, but it will be etched in Christy's and my memories forever. We saw amazing things, met and hung out with awesome people along the way and had tons of fun.

George

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
Alright slacker... Where are the pix?

I know you have been home for a couple of days, surely that is enough time to get your business back on track, visit with your wife, edit and resize then post photos.

Seriously, this was a wonderful trip! We could not stay as long as Charlie (the nick name we that know him away from the internet call him) did, but it will be etched in Christy's and my memories forever. We saw amazing things, met and hung out with awesome people along the way and had tons of fun.

George

Pix? I'm working on video. You know - moving pix. Actually I am stalling until Friday when the video tapes come in via UPS along with other boxes of goodies!!!

Had to load new software on yet another new computer so I am glad I do back things up pretty well. Looks like I got things up and running so I hope to have time to edit and post stuff this weekend, at least photos.

Sorry about that etching. Are you referring to the San Francisco photo opportunity you missed?

wahoo172

Yamadori
Reaction score
I had to think about that for a while...
No thats not what I was referring to, I meant etched in a good way

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
Here is another gallery from the trip. This one is shots from Evergreen Gardenworks, Brent's place. I started adding titles but stopped. You will get the idea once you see the shots.

In looking back I have to say Brent had the greatest selection of pines of all the places I went. I can't wait until he decides these are nearing completion and releases them for sale. There will be some happy people for sure. Give me a heads up when you are almost there Brent so I can fly out and purchase some of them. I'll need to rent a truck to haul them back to Florida though.

Sorry if linking the photos to my space is a bit of a pain for some people. I am uploading the images full size (they are big files). I don't want to take the time to down scale them and upload here as that would take a very long time. You should be able to download them if you wish and see them in full resolution.

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great photos, Graydon - thanks for posting them. They brought back fond memories of my brief trip to visit Brent and Susie at Evergreen Gardenworks last spring. Did you pick up any trees at all? He sure had a lot of beauties when I was there! Once again, thanks.

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Holy Crap.....what a great trip.....the pictures of Brent's place are fantastic....you are indeed a lucky fella.

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
Great photos, Graydon - thanks for posting them. They brought back fond memories of my brief trip to visit Brent and Susie at Evergreen Gardenworks last spring. Did you pick up any trees at all? He sure had a lot of beauties when I was there! Once again, thanks.

Brent told us about your visit, pretty cool place to wander around and check out material huh? Brent gave me an odd JBP cultivar I was fasinated with (sun sho matsu). Super small needles and the oddest lanky and upright form I have ever seen in a JBP. I did not purchase other trees this trip from Brent but George bought a great big maple. I really needed the inspiration of seeing some top class stuff to motivate me to clean off my benches in preparation for a return trip next year. I was also waiting to see what southern California had to offer. It's... it's still too much for my head when I think back on it all. So much nice stuff a person could go broke just on impulse tree purchases.

Holy Crap.....what a great trip.....the pictures of Brent's place are fantastic....you are indeed a lucky fella.

Thanks Tom. Brent is the lucky fella as it's all his stuff!!! One day I'll make an east coast run up your way and gaze out over your fields. I know you have some beauties in tidy rows as well, right?

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I know you have some beauties in tidy rows as well, right?
Yep, I have lots of tidy rows and your always welcome. However, I take my hat off to Brent. His mastery over cultivating trees for bonsai over the years is unsurpassed here in the states. He was in part inspiration for me when I started my venture on this side of the bonsai line. At this point I can only aspire to achieve what he as accomplished.

ianb

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
One day I'll make an east coast run up your way and gaze out over your fields. I know you have some beauties in tidy rows as well, right?

Carefull Graydon he'll have you tilling a few rows while you're there, and that red PA clay is hard.

Cheers
Ian

PS Thanks for the effort in capturing your travels.

Top Bottom