My Bonsai Bench Tool Organizer/Protector

Sansui

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
This is how I keep my bonsai tools protected and readily available to grasp on my cluttered outdoor bench top. The sharp, pointed tools go face down in the foam tubes and the blunt tools hang from the rim. It is made with a 4 inch (flat type) PVC cap fitting, a short piece of 4 inch PVC pipe and three pieces of a foam swimming pool noodle. Foam pipe insulation can also be used. The weight of the PVC keeps it very stable.

Bonsai bench tool organizer.jpg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
That’s a lovely improvisation you have there.

On that topic: Home Depot sells these in a variety of sizes. They’re great. Lots of pouches, rigid walls, easy to clean, mobile, durable. Sharp tools do well in the pouches - no damage to the tool or bag. Prices are reasonable too. I really like mine. I suggest everyone add this to their Xmas list!

1582174523261.jpeg

...or maybe If you really want to embarrass your wife and make your neighbors roll their eyes:

1582175039204.jpeg

Sansui

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
That’s a lovely improvisation you have there.

On that topic: Home Depot sells these in a variety of sizes. They’re great. Lots of pouches, rigid walls, easy to clean, mobile, durable. Sharp tools do well in the pouches - no damage to the tool or bag. Prices are reasonable too. I really like mine. I suggest everyone add this to their Xmas list!

View attachment 284637

...or maybe If you really want to embarrass your wife and make your neighbors roll their eyes:

View attachment 284638
Thank you! I appreciate the suggestions. I keep my bonsai tools in multiple tool rolls sorted by size. I found it too cumbersome to bring a tool roll outside only to use a few tools for a select task so this was my low cost (what's in the garage) solution. We have lots of humidity here in SE PA so keeping less used tools in an environmentally controlled space really helps to prevent corrosion and cleaning. I'm afraid that after living in the same house for over 30 years my neighbors have seen it all!

Top Bottom