My bonsai of Vietnam

zuonkun

Seed
Reaction score
It's bonsai - In my thinking about bonsai of Vietnam, of course. Myrmercodia and Hydnophytum, welcome.

Doan Thai Duong

Attachments

• rsz_dsc04591.jpg
    rsz_dsc04591.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 83
  • rsz_rimg7458.jpg
    rsz_rimg7458.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to Crazy!

That's a crazy looking plant!

May want to delete the email if you still can edit.

So you don't catch spammers.

Or a bunch of hot ladies tracking you down!

Sorce

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Both plants are very interesting "Ant Plants", but neither has much in the way of woody stems. They can become very interesting artistically grown plants, but probably would not be considered "true Bonsai" in that most serious folks do not consider Adenium a species for bonsai. Herbs, and shrubs with "Fat Caudexes" are fun to grow, and quite popular, but they really don't quite become bonsai. Though it can be just as difficult to grow them well. So I am not dismissing the quality of the plants you've shown. Don't see either species often in the USA. Nice, but not really "bonsai" in my book.

Now there are many Vietnamese tree species that are great for bonsai, Wrightia sp. and Ochna sp are two that come to mind.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
I may have been a bit harsh, these would qualify as kusamono, paired with the right tree, they could set a scene, or they could be exhibited on their own, as a focal point of a display, a plant that is not a tree, exhibited for enjoyment of its own artistic merit.

Kusamono is part of bonsai, and I did not mean to dismiss that aspect of bonsai. A well grown specimen can be the focal point of a display.

Top Bottom