My BRT dream came true!

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Of course it could not have come true without @leatherback who sent me one of his little BRT cuttings.šŸ„° I never thought I would have a BRT of ANY size due to how weirdly scarce they are on this side of the world.

So huge thanks to you my friend and I promise to take good care of the liā€™l dude. Iā€™ll post up a picture when itā€™s stoped doing the sulky face and recovered from the horrors of the postal system.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Of course it could not have come true without @leatherback who sent me one of his little BRT cuttings.šŸ„° I never thought I would have a BRT of ANY size due to how weirdly scarce they are on this side of the world.

So huge thanks to you my friend and I promise to take good care of the liā€™l dude. Iā€™ll post up a picture when itā€™s stoped doing the sulky face and recovered from the horrors of the postal system.
make sure you get @Clicio to the party as he got me the original seeds for the plant i took curtings off!

hope it did not suffer too much in transport..

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
make sure you get @Clicio to the party as he got me the original seeds for the plant i took curtings off!

hope it did not suffer too much in transport..
You packed it super super well but he had somehow come loose a bit from the pot and flopped about. So I took the ball of soil mix and buried it in a larger pot so as not to disturb it too much but to be able to give it a bit more stability.

He is looking good today, weather is absolutely dire so leaves are partially open but still droopy. Iā€™m sure itā€™s just acclimatizing to the new temperature after so many fluctuations during shippping. It also must feel nice to no longer be shaken around in mail sacks!
The Ironwoods next to him are a good gauge of what he ā€shouldā€ be doing. They are also only partially open on leaves today.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Jay, looks happy enough indeed!

It was planted at a slant, similar to the current!

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Iā€™m in love with those little juvenile thorns. Hoping we get some sunshine later this week so they can all enjoy it. The weather is truly awful for this time of year, itā€™s almost June and not a heatwave in sight.

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Youā€™ll have to excuse the wire, I may alter it again shortly. Just trying to get some ideas in giving it some movement and Iā€™m not 100% on how it is now.
Leaves are closed because ā€œaaargh the human touched me!ā€ Right after being wired.B34CC2E2-BDE6-4540-A6FB-AE3177FF00D0.jpeg35CA4F77-6A41-4162-9BBB-2034E070E35D.jpeg

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I still have no idea where I am going with the direction on this one. Just going with the flow for now. šŸ˜…šŸ˜…

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thereā€™s been some leaf drop so looking a little downhearted right now but I am sure once the seasons warm again itā€™ll stop plodding along and bounce back.

D36D2CF2-B593-4CAE-8473-BD11E0C6BD37.jpeg

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Soaking up the suns rays. Thinking of lopping off that lower branch as I really donā€™t want it wasting energy there.
F791CEDC-0F11-4B09-AF12-1F561C025EEB.jpeg

Top Bottom